What ceiling fan to buy?

Thank you Scott for detailed review. it helped me to make the final decision - ikohs fan with light is ordered.
let see, maybe shelly 2.5 can help to connect it to openhab

What about controlling Ikohs Windcalm via WiFi? I mean, do you know if they provide an API? Maybe it is as simple as calling URLs and we could make it compatible with OpenHabā€¦ I have seen there is a Skill for Alexa, so maybe they have a public APIā€¦

1 Like

Please, please, please let it be an ESP8266 :crossed_fingers:

@mrscotty Can you please let me know if Ikohs Windcalm is compatible with Tuya Smart? Maybe this is the way to integrate in OpenHab :slight_smile:
Thanks!

The models that I have do not have WiFi ā€“ only RF remotes.

Iā€™m not familiar with Tuya Smart. Which device of theirs do you mean?

My fan is RF and I can control it using sonoff rf bridge and portisch software on it.
I posted a youtube video earlier in this post.
I admit it wasnā€™t easy to get it to work but it works.

I found this page while searching for IKOHS and Home-Assistant. I own a CREATE IKOHS Windcalm DC ceiling fan with RF remote and WIFI (Tuya compatible) and want to share my journey and point out some interesting findings I have regarding this ceiling fan. GitHub - velzend/create_ikohs_fan: Create (IKOHS) Windcalm DC convert white ceiling fan (with remote and wireless)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. After getting the tuya IDs I got it working via mqtt. Its working smoothly within Openhab now.

I donā€™t understand what mqtt is - can you describe for me as I want to achieve the same thing

thanks Jim