What did you build/automated today (with pictures)?

Unfortunatly the bilnds are not available in Germany.

:slight_smile: I understand. Although I´m not a projector fan myself. I like the big size screen, but the good picture quality requires alot of darkness, which is very hard to have in a ordinary livingroom. Insted I have a big (65") LG OLED screen, which infact isn´t big enough. I would have prefered a 85" or bigger insted.

A small trip to Denmark will solve that small problem :smiley:

1 Like

They actually are available in Germany. They don’t show on their website, but in most stores you can already get them. Shouldn’t take to long until you can buy them online as well.

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the ESP Build info please?
Have a few knocking around at home with nothing to do anyway - and it seems the SMET2 won’t be opensourced

I’ll upload the code to github over the weekend for you. It ain’t pretty but it works :stuck_out_tongue:

So i did a clap senoser thing :slight_smile:
so ugly but pretty at the same time!!! :grimacing:

2 Likes

This is wonderfully over the top - I love it.
Debating doing something similar, but since my webcam has an LED that goes one whenever the camera is in use, I’ll probably just drop one of the ESP pins to use that as a pin in.
Nice work

1 Like

I’ve heard that the LED is separately controlled in some webcams, meaning it’s possible to activate the camera without activating the LED…
Stupid Design–The Needlessly Useless Webcam Activity Light
That’s why I went straight for the power supply line. :slight_smile:

Amazing, great job haha it is so over the top I love it

1 Like

I use “kegbot” to track how much beer is in my beer kegs. It uses flow meters in the beer lines and an arduino to report to a webserver. There is a webhook feature that will post to a URL.

I was polling the kegbot API for changes in keg volume but worked out how to create a node server to receive the json POST and then parse that and send it to the openhab API. One of my items is my amazon Alexa in the garage near by beer taps so now I take the parsed POST from kegbot and send it to the alexa item. When I pour a beer Alexa says “enjoy your (beer name) (username)”

totally unnecessary but has a nice bling factor for unsuspecting guests :slight_smile:

lmao
Please, please provide some pics.

1 Like

As you wish :slight_smile:

Flow meters in the beer lines:

Google Photos

Kegbot interface that send it off to the webserver:

Google Photos

Node server below:

var express = require(‘express’)
var bodyParser = require(‘body-parser’)
var port = 8081
require(“util”).inspect.defaultOptions.depth = null;
var request = require(‘request’);
var app = express()
var headers = {
‘Content-Type’: ‘text/plain’,
‘Accept’: ‘application/json’
};

// parse application/json
app.use(express.json({extended: true}))

app.use(function (req, res, next) {
console.log(req.body) // populated!
var beer=req.body.data.drink.keg.beverage.name
var user=req.body.data.user_id
console.log(beer)
var options = {
url: ‘http://192.168.1.21:8079/rest/items/Garage_Speak’,
method: ‘POST’,
headers: headers,
body: "enjoy " + beer + " " + user
};
next(request(options, callback))
})

console.log(‘Web server listening on port: %s’, port);

//Start the server and make it listen for connections on port
app.listen(port);

function callback(error, response, body) {
if (!error && response.statusCode == 200) {
console.log(body);
}
}

edit: I have been off the tools as a sysadmin for some time so please excuse my dirty code, it was a first for me!

6 Likes

Nice, it would be even better if you put in a micro hydro generator in the beer lines - that way you feel good about drinking beer, coz you’re generating electricity (albeit tiny) as you drink :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi

I’m working on a range of addressable downlights, which will be controllable from openHAB2, via an Art-NET / sACN adapter, using the DMX binding.

They’ll be in a Par16 (what people think of as GU10, but that’s actually the name of the connector, like MR15 / GU5.3 etc) housing or an all-in-one type.

This video shows the lamps being controlled with Jinx! when I get back from my holiday, I’ll create a thread with the .item & .things files.

9 Likes

Have you been able to integrate the Ikea blinds with openHAB - if yes, how ? Do I need the Tradfri gateway or do they work with a Hue bridge, too?

Hey @mstormi
Yes I did get it to work with OpenHab2. But it was not that easy. I found go code that could do some basic Ikea stuff and added a really messy. And made a http endpoint to control the blinds. But there are still some bugs I have to fix. I can share it when I get it to work right :slight_smile:

I’m using the Ikea gateway for now. I don’t have a HUE hub. But I tried to see if I could use my Xiaomi gateway. But no luck so far, maybe time will tell :wink:

Just a few side nodes.

• On a fully charge battery, the blind can move up and down 784 times. and there was still 10% left in the battery (I made a small script to test it) :slight_smile:
  • If you set the max length to a wrong position. I was not able to reset it without resetting the blind and after that it was hit or miss if you have to pair it again. And at one point I had to remove all devices and pair them again.
  • The Ikea app is really as in really really bad. I was able to rename 2 out of 4 blinds. The gateway, repeater and buttons I was not able to rename. The change did not get saved. You can’t see the battery level in the app.
  • One of my blinds started to reset it self doing the night and moved to 50% out of total length 100%. And I had to press the buttons on the blind just to get it moving again. And after I got it to 0% (top) I could set the max length again. But after a few days it stopped. And now it works as it should. There was no firmware update. It just fixed it self…?

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi if anyone wants zigbee, that is working and for cheap
see mat video … with an old RPI and this 4$ CC adpter
i was able to install zigbee2MQTT,

2 Likes

ok so since i am in OH, i wanted to get grafna working
finnaly i am there !!!

here is one useless dashboard but you got to love it!!!
this is all my zigbee sensors (for now , i am going to buy allot :slight_smile: )
i switched my home to zigbee from RF, i starting to like zigbee

1 Like

Attached my 20 year old garage door motor to OpenHAB this week. Using a SR-201 Ethernet Relay connected with a PoE Converter.

It can be controlled by OpenHAB WebUI or even a KNX Switch

6 Likes