What did you build/automated today (with pictures)?

Hi, I just finished my home cinema :slight_smile:
Here is one of the routines I made :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

That is pretty neat! I like the hidden screen and projector

@thorsen Really great, what kind of blinds are you using?

Thomas

1 Like

Hi @Dibbler42

The blinds are from Ikea :slight_smile:

Here is a link to the danish page: https://www.ikea.com/dk/da/p/fyrtur-morklaegningsrullegardin-tradlost-batteridrevet-gra-90408170/

Hate the music, like the features :grinning:… However, the room seems quite too lit for projector use??

@Kim_Andersen haha, the music was just as a fun gemic :wink: In normal use everything moves at the same time and no music. I still need a blind for the window in the kitchen. But you are right, it is still a bit bright without the last blind :slight_smile:

I like your ways of doing things… It´s seems rather unormal to have a home cinema in the kitchen :slight_smile: It wouldnt work in our kitchen for two reasons.

1. Smell of food while watching a movie… Bad idea… I prefere smell of popcorn :smiley:
  2. Sound quality would be very bad, specially in our kitchen due to lots of echo (hard walls, floor and loft)…
1 Like

Next time you’re over here, you’re welcome to a movie night in our Dolby Atmos 9.1 room.

I might even have invested in a projector by then :wink:

Hehe, If thats 8K resolution and the Dolby Atmos setup have at least four 12" subwoofers, I´m on my way :smiley:

Hi

May I ask which motorised rams you’ve used for the projector hide?

The Denon AVR-X 4400H amp supports 11.2, but 9.1 is PLENTY for this room.

As for a picture, I haven’t got as far as any projector at the moment.

There is a port hole in a wall and cabling for the screen…

I need more people to buy some Velbus kit first :wink:

Hi @MDAR

Sure you can. They are from uncle Ali :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunatly the bilnds are not available in Germany.

:slight_smile: I understand. Although I´m not a projector fan myself. I like the big size screen, but the good picture quality requires alot of darkness, which is very hard to have in a ordinary livingroom. Insted I have a big (65") LG OLED screen, which infact isn´t big enough. I would have prefered a 85" or bigger insted.

A small trip to Denmark will solve that small problem :smiley:

1 Like

They actually are available in Germany. They don’t show on their website, but in most stores you can already get them. Shouldn’t take to long until you can buy them online as well.

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the ESP Build info please?
Have a few knocking around at home with nothing to do anyway - and it seems the SMET2 won’t be opensourced

I’ll upload the code to github over the weekend for you. It ain’t pretty but it works :stuck_out_tongue:

So i did a clap senoser thing :slight_smile:
so ugly but pretty at the same time!!! :grimacing:

2 Likes

This is wonderfully over the top - I love it.
Debating doing something similar, but since my webcam has an LED that goes one whenever the camera is in use, I’ll probably just drop one of the ESP pins to use that as a pin in.
Nice work

1 Like

I’ve heard that the LED is separately controlled in some webcams, meaning it’s possible to activate the camera without activating the LED…
Stupid Design–The Needlessly Useless Webcam Activity Light
That’s why I went straight for the power supply line. :slight_smile: