What is your favorite heating regulation system for OH?

I’m looking for a regulation system that can avoid opening the valve too quickly (either as a builtin functionality or by giving me direct control over the valve position in percent). The reason is that quickly increasing the temperature causes loud noises in our old building and would wake up myself and neighbors. A few points from this thread caught my eye, I hope you don’t mind me interjecting some questions here without having a recommendation of my own.

Re Fritz!DECT:

the System reacts very slow since the regulators communicate with the Fritzbox only every fifteen minutes

That seems desirable for my purpose. Though AFAIK, this system only allows setting a target temperature. Let’s assume the room is 16ºC and I set 17ºC as the target. Will it fully open the valve until the target is reached and then fully close it? Or will it open only a little (because the target will be reached soon)? If the latter, I might get away with increasing the target temperature slowly.

Re TuYa TS0601:

The thermostats regulate them self by de/increasing the valve position by 5% each 15 minutes.

At least for the upward slope, this sounds like exactly what I want.

You have to program some workarounds to prevent them from being 100% open when the central heating of your home starts in the morning.

Could you elaborate? Do you know a concrete workaround that works?

Could one tell the system the times when the central heating is off, so that it makes no valve adjustments at all during that time? Then when the central heating turns back on, it would still be in yesterday’s position (presumably a reasonable middle position) and would increase temporarily and only by a bit because the room cooled down. Presumably it wouldn’t stray far from its average position.

the predefined programs are a pain in the a**.

Ok. But can one define a custom program? The documentation for the “position” property confusingly claims “It’s not possible to read (/get) or write (/set) this value.” But what good is a property that can be neither read nor written – I suspect a mistake in this documentation. Is it writable (in percent) or only writable as a bool (through the force property)?

The Shelly TVR look promising.

Indeed. The documentation mentions functions to set the valve position directly.

Does anyone have experience with these devices?

I set my thermostats to eco in the evening, when the central heating is off. (you could also set force to close)
And back to comfort when it turns back on in the morning.

But you cannot "pausE2 the current position to stay and wait for the morning.

No. You can schedule something, but that you would not need a smart home system.

I stumbled upon this, too.
But what it means is: You cannot actively get the value “now”.
You have to wait for the thermostat to send the value.

As a workaround I am re-sending the current SetPoint value when I did not receive any data for some time.
When the thermostat gets the new/old value it sends all values to acknowledge the command.

sendCommand(Therm_AZ_SetPoint, currentSetPointAZ)

To be honest:
I do not think I would buy these cheap devices again.

As you can see in this screenshot they start at a higher position than necessary.
So I think I have to create a workaround for this as well.