Where are the default icons located?

I would like to copy or smlink some icons from the classic icon set.

I can use the default isons in th BasicUI and I added a few custom icons to /etc/openhab2/icons/classic.

But where are the original icons located?

I cannot find them.

user1@raspi2a:~$ sudo find / -name *.svg
/usr/share/pixmaps/vim.svg
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/vim.svg
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/mc.svg
/etc/openhab2/icons/classic/mute-off.svg
/etc/openhab2/icons/classic/mute-on.svg
/etc/openhab2/icons/classic/cd.svg
/etc/openhab2/icons/classic/mute.svg
/etc/openhab2/icons/classic/remote.svg

I know I could download them from the repository, but I am still curious.

They are hidden in a JAR. :slight_smile:

# locate org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic
/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/system/org/eclipse/smarthome/extension/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic
/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/system/org/eclipse/smarthome/extension/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic/0.9.0.b4
/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/system/org/eclipse/smarthome/extension/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic/0.9.0.b4/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic-0.9.0.b4.jar
/var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org/eclipse/smarthome/extension/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic
/var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org/eclipse/smarthome/extension/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic/0.9.0.b4
/var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.0.0/org/eclipse/smarthome/extension/ui/iconset/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic/0.9.0.b4/org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.iconset.classic-0.9.0.b4.jar

There’s an icons folder inside.

That’s what I thought. :disappointed:

So I will just download the icons from the repository. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Haven’t tried but couldn’t you just refer to an icon by adding the path within the jar?

In case someone looks for the specific location in the GitHub repository:

The icons are located in the openhab-webui project at bundles/org.openhab.ui.iconset.classic/src/main/resources/icons.

1 Like

Indeed, icons are located at:
openhab-webui/bundles/org.openhab.ui.iconset.classic/src/main/resources/icons/