Where can I download the TP-Link 2.x binding/openHAB2-addons.kar file

Disclaimer - I am still running openHAB 2.5

I need to install the TP-Link binding. I used TP-Link devices in the past, got rid of them, but recently got some… but can’t install the binding any more. I found an article that mentioned downloading the openHAB2-addons.kar file and setting remote=false so that openHAB installs addons from this local “repository”.

I am not able to find this file on the web. Where can I find this file? Or, alternatively, where can I find the TP-Link binding bundle?

Thanks.

Mike

As linked from bottom of v3 “Download” page

Missing from that reference is the additional “legacy” kar, should you need any v1.x add-ons

jFrog is asking me for login credentials when I access the JFrog link. I don’t have a jFrog account and it doesn’t provide a “registration” link. It takes me to a page to try a free trial. Before I go that route to be able to grab these assets, is this the right route or is there a set of “public” credentials for openHAB users?

Just click the “X” in the top right corner to bypass the JFrog login screen. :slight_smile:

You can also download these KAR files using the 2.5.12 release page on GitHub:

If you didn’t get the kar file. If the eclipse marketplace still works in openHAB 2.x, you could try to install that version of the TP-Link binding. Or alternative install the jar from my release: Release TP-Link Bugfix/New Feature release · Hilbrand/openhab-addons · GitHub

P.s. I’ve updated the tag in this topic as that tag is intended to publish for the openHAB marketplace.

Duh - thanks! And thanks for the alternative link.

Thanks.

I’ll give it (or the others) a try this weekend.

Cheers!

Mike

I was not able to get this to work.

I am running the openhabian install in a RaspberryPi.

I’m not certain where I should place the kar file…

I downloaded the file from https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/releases/download/2.5.12/openhab-addons-legacy-2.5.12.kar

On my install, there is a /srv mount containing

openhab2-addons/
openhab2-conf/
openhab2-logs/
openhab2-sys/
openhab2-userdata/

In the file /srv/openhab2-conf/services/addons.cfg I have set the remote = false flag.

I tried placing the kar file in the openhab2-addons folder.
I tried creating an addons folder under openhab2-conf (openhab2-conf/addons) and placing the kar file there.

Regardless of what I have tried, openHAB continues to try to install the binding from mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles rather than from the kar file.

What am I doing wrong?

Mike