Where is the "save" button or "File -> save" menu in openHAB-Designer?

Hello,
I am new to openHAB. I have two questions:

1. It seems strange not to be able to momentarily save his configuration files ( items, scripts, etc…) in openHAB-Designer. The only way I could save my files is to issue a File --> exit -> warning " demo.items has been modified. Save changes ?" --> Yes".

I run openHAB and openHAB-Designer with the following JVM and Linux distribution:

java version “1.7.0_91”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.3) ((7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.91-b01, mixed mode)

1. This installation doesn’t provide an “Embedded editor”. It is a bit tricky to use the external browser. Is there a solution to this problem?

Michel

Agreed, I found it strange, although the < Ctrl> + S keyboard shortcut works for saving files

@richbeales

Thank you for your help. I didn’t think about it :wink:

Supposedly installing xul or xum or something along those lines (I can’t remember the name), it is basically Firefox’s embedded browser and it no longer comes by default with Ubuntu is supposed to fix that error, but I spent about an hour trying to make it work and failed. I just close that panel and use an external browser. It really isn’t that inconvenient for me as I almost never make changes to my sitemap where I would need that immediate feedback.

@rlkoshak

Hello,

I also just tried “xulrunner” with no success.
I give up and will go on with the external editor.

Thank you

Michel