Where to find grafana.ini on docker installation?

I have installed grafana / influxDB via docker on my Synology NAS. Openhabian is running on my raspberry pi (becaue of the readings from my smart meter). I am able to create graphs. I tried first to do the installation according to the topic from Thom Dietrich. But to many steps were unclear to me to succeed.

Now I am looking for the grafana.ini file because I would like to disable user signup and enable anonymous access for image export.

I have seen that you need to create bind mounts with the below links.

I do not know how to link the above without ruining my existing setup.
Over the past days I have read a lot of documentation from docker, grafana and watched a lot of youtube videos.
So far I gained a lot of knowledge but not enough to solve my issue.

It’s probably best to use environment variables as the documentation suggests.

To fix things you could do this:

# Stop the existing container
docker stop <your_container_id>

# Copy your data to its new home
docker cp <your_container_name>:/var/lib/grafana/. /my/grafana/data

# Start a new container using a bind mount and new config
docker run -d \
-p 3000:3000 \
--name=grafana \
--user=<your_user_id> \
--volume "/my/grafana/data:/var/lib/grafana" \
-e "GF_USERS_ALLOW_SIGN_UP=false" \
-e "GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS_ENABLED=true" \
grafana/grafana:latest
1 Like

With the above help I managed to set-up a new container.
For all the people that are facing the same issue I will write down my steps.

First ssh into the synology using terminal with: ssh rootaccount@ipadressynology in my case: ssh root@192.168.1.2

docker run -d --name influxdb-grafana -p 3003:3003 -p 3004:8083 -p 8086:8086 -v /volume1/docker/grafana:/var/lib/grafana -v /volume1/docker/influxdb:/var/lib/influxdb -e GF_USERS_ALLOW_SIGN_UP=false -e GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS_ENABLED=true philhawthorne/docker-influxdb-grafana:latest

By doing this I have created a docker container with the name influxdb-grafana installed from philhawthorne/docker-influxdb-grafana:latest image.

The data will be stored at /volume1/docker/grafana and at /volume1/docker/influxdb.
By doing this you will keep your data in case of a reinstall.

Grafana can be reached at http://192.168.1.2:3003/
Chronograf can be reached at http://192.168.1.2:3004/

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to configure Grafan.ini and found this discussion. Unfortunately, Docker reports that I don’t have access.