Which Image is the right one ? 1.6.3 or 1.6.3b?

As a newbie it’s confusing which image to choose. I tried version 1.6.3b because of this sentence “Use the v1.6.3b images, v1.6.3 are provided as fallback.”

But the version “b” image is not working. I’ll get an error after verifiing it with the raspberry imager. Also Etcher doesn’t recognize the b-version as a correct image.

So I tried the version 1.6.3 and this one works with etcher and raspberry imager.

Please clarify the statement “Use the v1.6.3b images, v1.6.3 are provided as fallback.”

regards
Dirk

I assume you mean OpenHABian and not OpenHAB. I have tagged this thread with that for you.

Although both files show the extension .xz file openhabian-pi-raspios32-v1.6.3b.img.xz is not in xz file format it is a zip file that contains a .xz file:

file openhabian-pi-raspios32-v1.6.3.img.xz openhabian-pi-raspios32-v1.6.3b.img.xz
openhabian-pi-raspios32-v1.6.3.img.xz:  XZ compressed data
openhabian-pi-raspios32-v1.6.3b.img.xz: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

This needs to be fixed.

Please open an issue

1 Like

A fallback is a plan B solution if plan A does not work so what is unclear about that ?
You tried plan A (v1.6.3b image) and as it didn’t work you should use plan B (v1.6.3).

The images are packed twice. Unpack them until they have a .img ending then feed that into Etcher.
I’m replacing them on Github.