Why are bundles automatically updating in 2.5 without user intervention?

Anyone know what does bundle status “Waiting” means? The Tesla binding stopped working a while ago. I tried to restart it but it stays in wait mode.

openhab> bundle:list -s | grep -i wait
242 │ Waiting │ 80 │ 2.5.5 │ org.openhab.binding.tesla

2020-06-18 22:44:00.150 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.tesla ] - bundle org.openhab.binding.tesla:2.5.5 (242)[org.openhab.binding.tesla.internal.command.TeslaCommandExtension(402)] : Error during instantiation of the implementation object
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null

I don’t think its very helpful. It’s sitting waiting for something to happen. Might never happen in case of broken communications, faulty config, missing modules etc.

Is that your only error message, is that from boot time? I don’t know what it means!

No there’s lots of other error messages I just didn’t want to fill up the post. I imagine if I restart openhab and clear cache it will get fixed.

Looking at the binding version (2.5.5) I didn’t explicitly update it. It’s possible it broke when it updated itself. If 2.5-5 was pushed on
07.06.2020 21:21:28 EDT, then that’s what caused it.

Is there a post on the bundle update strategy for 2.5? It seems like a background process is automatically pulling the latest bundles, where before I thought this had to be done manually. I went looking for instructions on how to manually force it to stop automatically updating but couldn’t find anything – probably not searching correctly. I’de rather be in control of updating the patch versions of the bundles.

Yes, I’ve seen others say this, bit disturbing isn’t it.

I think if you update any bundle then it will automatically update all bundles from that point on. Still, this should be something that the user can turn off, both from a security and stability perspective. For all I know the auto-update broke the Tesla binding.