Wiki SqueezeboxExample (errors: Cannot cast; Cannot retrieve item)

Hello everyone,
sadly I can’t get the openhab wiki example to work.

I am using exactly the same code.

I receive the following errors:

2015-12-29 21:00:08.159 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerPowerOG for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Switch
2015-12-29 21:00:08.161 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerPowerOG for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Switch
2015-12-29 21:00:08.164 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerPowerOG for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Switch
2015-12-29 21:00:08.166 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerPowerOG for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Switch
2015-12-29 21:00:08.169 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerPower for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Group
2015-12-29 21:00:08.172 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerPower for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Group
2015-12-29 21:00:08.174 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerPower for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Group
2015-12-29 21:00:08.177 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerVolume for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Group
2015-12-29 21:00:08.180 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerVolume for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Group
2015-12-29 21:00:08.182 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerVolume for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Group
2015-12-29 21:00:08.185 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerVolume for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Slider
2015-12-29 21:00:08.188 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerVolume for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Slider
2015-12-29 21:00:08.190 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerVolume for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Slider
2015-12-29 21:00:08.193 [ERROR] [o.u.i.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item gPlayerVolume for widget org.openhab.model.sitemap.Slider

Another error is:

Cannot cast org.openhab.core.types.UnDefType to org.openhab.core.library.types.DecimalType

As I am not really an expert yet, I hope that you could help solving that issue.
I believe that more people might use the wiki example, so it would be great finding a solution.
Thank you very much in advance!

Looks like you don’t have your Items file set up. All of those errors are because you sitemap and rules are trying to reference Items that don’t exist.

It looks like the code on the example page is not complete. It is basically missing all of the group definitions. At the top of squeeze.items add:

Group gPlayerPower
Group gPlayerPowerOG
Group gPlayerVolume
Group gTV
Group gPlayerPowerEG

Thank you very much Koshak!
This solved the cannot retrieve item.
I will add this to the wiki after all issues are solved.

Open issue:

[ERROR] [o.o.c.s.ScriptExecutionThread ] - Error during the execution of rule ‘SqueezePlayerRadioStation’: Cannot cast org.openhab.core.types.UnDefType to org.openhab.core.library.types.DecimalType

For some reason it thinks either squeezeSelectedPlayer or squeezeSelectedStation doesn’t exist. Check for typos or discrepancies between the rules file and items file for these two items.

Hello folks I hope that someone still reads this on occation, I’m trying to get my logitech system running whitin openhab.

My configuration is as follows,

1 Logitech mediaservers software on Windows 7 pc

2, 3 Squeezelite players running Ubuntu

When I put exampelcode in an just sorted out players name into what I actually got for player name ( started to replace one name firts) i get this error message

“o.o.c.s. Scriptexecution thread :50 error during the execution of rule ´squeezeplayerradiostation`The name squeezebox playURL X featurecallImplcustom Cannot be resolved to an item or type”

I’ve been looking around for typos and so on in rules and items file but cannot find any,

My squeeliteplayer I’m trying to get functional is Hallen and I suppose this scholdn’t be any problem or could it be that this binding wouldn’t work with squeezelite players only hardware plaeyrs from logitech?

What’s missing are the scripts for the these functions.