Will there be a "Bosch Smart Home" binding?

Any news regarding support for Bosch Smart Home actors like the nice in-wall switches?

There finally seems to be a proper API released on github:

6 Likes

FWIW - I just tried it out and I managed to set up a proof of concept, where I forward the state of my in-wall light switches to OpenHab:

I have not yet sent any commands to the Bosch Bridge.

This is based on nodeJs code that I mentioned in my last post and sending status updates to OpenHab via the Rest API.

If time permits, I will look into creating a proper binding for this, since the nodeJs code that Iā€™m using now seems fairly simple and should be relatively easy to port.

For now, Iā€™m more than happy that I can at least see the state of all the lights in my apartment in OpenHab :slight_smile:

Code: https://github.com/stefan-kaestle/bosch-openhab-proof-of-concept/blob/master/test.js

1 Like

Oh, btw. there is also this integration for IO Broker implementation:

And it seems OpenHab has an IO Broker binding. So perhaps thatā€™s another intermediate solution to get the Bosch Smart Home integrated in OpenHab.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have an Openhab solution :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, I started working on a binding, and I am at a point where I can get a list of rooms from my Bosch Smart Home Controller in my brand-new binding!
Itā€™s quite messy at this point, but at least something is working :slight_smile:

Itā€™s messy because the Bosch Controller uses Client side certificates for authentication, which as far as I can tell none of the other bindings do. Itā€™s also messy, because the Controller itself has an invalid certificate (self-signed?).

Java SSL libraries need a keystore, that contains 1) client certificates that have been authorized by the Contoller (Iā€™m currently using the ones that the NodeJS project generated for me) and 2) the certificates of the Controller imported and marked as trustworthy. This will be a pain in the ass to implement properly :frowning: ā€¦ but one step at a time!

4 Likes

I have a basic setup now that works for my in-wall light switches and also the smart plug:

https://www.bosch-smarthome.com/uk/en/products/smart-system-solutions/smart-plug

What remains to do is the pairing. Iā€™m still using the pre-paired keys I have from using the nodeJS implementation.

Once I have that running, I would appreciate if somebody could test what I have been doing so far :slight_smile:

Code is here:

2 Likes

I have 5 Bosch Twinguard smoke detectors.

https://www.bosch-smarthome.com/de/de/shop?url=produkte/smart-system-solutions/twinguard

Give me a shout when it makes sense to give it a try.

I actually donā€™t have a Twinguard, so I donā€™t think I will be able to add that to the binding myself.

The API description has almost nothing about it either.

Hi Stefan, here you should find all information you need to implement the twinguard:
https://apidocs.bosch-smarthome.com/local/

Just open the dropdown ā€˜Select a definitionā€™ and select Twinguard.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

This is excellent, thank you very much for sharing @hxmelab.

I just started a new job today, so I wonā€™t have terribly much time to work on this binding until Christmas or so, but Iā€™ll keep on working on it, I promise.

Seeing that the API is so well documented now and having the OpenHap Binding in progress makes me really want to buy more of these cool Bosch Smart Home devices too :slight_smile:

Maybe Iā€™ll get a TwinGuard myself :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I have a ioBroker running on an raspberrypi, so far the bosch-smart-home-bridge adapter for ioBroker works fine. But i would like to use openHab instead of ioBroker, so i hope there will be a binding soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to keep you guys in the loop: itā€™s getting there:

Have to work a bit more on the initial bootstrapping, but that is also getting there, hopefully. This is for:

• In-wall switches
  • TwinGuard
  • Door/Window sensor
  • Soon: Motion sensor
3 Likes

Good work @skaestle! :smiley: - Additional radiator thermostat would be great! If you need testing, let me know!

Great progress @skaestle! When do you estimate the availability of this solution as binding? Wait with a lot of tension for the integration of my sensors and radiator thermostats :slight_smile:

P.S. I would also be happy to assist with the tests ā€¦ :nerd_face:

Itā€™s hard to anticipate, I have most of the code for registering OpenHab with the Bosch Smart Home Controller, but it does not work yet. Might be just a quick fix, or very painful, itā€™s really hard to anticipate :slight_smile:

Just today there was an update of the Controller, which again broke something (little), but thatā€™s another thing I need to fix before you can test it. Will let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that sounds like a challenge (homely solvable with a quick fix) :crazy_face:
In any case, thank you for the constant interim status - that gives hopeā€¦

Stay healthy and I wish us all a success with this binding :wave:

1 Like

Sorry I did not see that you are already working on a binding. For the iobroker Adapter I created a library to make the integration easier. I did the same for java.

Sorry if I knew this earlier I could have added you as contributer. Just let me know if it is already too late or if you are still interested. At least the information may help?

3 Likes

@skaestle Iā€™m very interested. Please let me know if you need somebody to test things :wink: I have some inwall-rollershutters installed.

Thank you @skaestle for your shared Bosch SHC code. The hardest part for me was to setup the correct keystore content, but after this your add-on works well and I now make use of my Bosch SmartHomeController.

2 Likes