Windows App

hi, sorry for the late response. I checked the version of the app and it is v0.6 Beta and I’m using openHAB 2.1.

Hi,
I like to post my experience with the Windows App. I didn’t know the App before, I am very new to OpenHab and just setup a test environment for OpenHab an my Raspberry Pi.
I downloaded the App on my PC and started it. I had an empty screen with a living room as an image. I had to click the gear wheel at the left bottom to configure may Raspberry to be the OpenHab server to connect to. I had to enter http://192.168.8.126:8080 in the first box.
To get to this point was a real pain. What I would change:

1. On the first start, go directy to the setting dialog
  2. It would be helpful, to have a value like “http://openhab:8080” in the first box by default to know the format. It doesn’t work if you leave the http://, add a / at the end or leave the 8080. There should be some kind of verification about the format.
  3. There was no error if you configure something wrong. You are thrown to the start screen without any information.
  4. I had to restart the App after I stated the correct information to get the data from may OpenHab server
  5. There are 4 fields in the setting dialog. Maybe there can be a small description or tooltip what should be entered in this fields.

So far, now I can see my devices and start using the app :wink:

Greetings Windows App Developer(s):
First off, thanks for the effort to build this, it’s great to have native apps for things. Secondly, I would like to mention an issue I am having in case it can be fixed: Most things seem to work just fine, but increase/decrease buttons (in particular the ones for my thermostat setpoint) have erratic behavior. I click once, I get 0 or 100 and I keep pushing and I get 40. In my case I am using F scale. The web basicUI and the Android app function normally for these features. My openHAB instance is running on WIndows 10 latest edition and Java 8. The web app version is v0.6

Keep up the good work!

On my Windows PC the App is crashing…

I already uninstalled and resetted the app.

My App Version is 0.7.20
I have Windows 10 Enterprise in the Version 1809.

Hey @markymark,
Thanks for let us know.
I published a new version (2019.12.7.0) to the store. Can you check if the update solve the problem for you?

Thanks
Christoph

2 Likes

Thx for the Reply.
No it is crashing on my PC.

I seem to get random crashes with my install but, it is infrequent and usually only happens after running for over 24 hours. My PC does not go to sleep but, when the monitors turn off and the app has been running for 24 hours or more it does crash.

It does not impact me much though. I would like to see the ability to change the background picture of the app. It is really the 1 thing I have wanted since it was released and I stumbled on it.

Hi, is the development of this app dead? We don’t have updates since a long time. Colour picker is not working since 2017.

Thanks

No the app isn’t dead, but I had not enough time to finish the latest fixes and improvements.
At the moment I preparing a larger update for the app, which will be available as Beta App soon.