Wiz Lighting LED Color bulb binding

I recently came across these bulbs at local Costco. They are wifi based and do not require a hub. I have reverse engineered their ios app to create this binding. It is still a work in progress but so far power switch, dimming, scene selection and color changing functionality are working. Also, this binding will auto-discover your device if you create an invite from the ios/android app and place it in the userdata folder.

2 Likes

Hi Basriram,

I really would like to test your binding. Is there a .jar file I have to add to my addons folder?

Many thanks, Budo

Hi Budo,

You can download the jar file from here -
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wyRDfiGfQPb0hiRF9MZU1IdTA

Let me know if you run into any issues installing or configuring the binding.

Thanks

Thanks for the .jar!

I copied it in my addons folder

-rwxrwxr--   1 openhab openhabian 881701 Sep  3 19:00 org.openhab.binding.connectsdk-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-rwxrwxr-x   1 openhab openhabian  24772 Sep  3 19:00 org.openhab.binding.enigma2_2.1.0.SNAPSHOT.jar
-rwxr-xr-x   1 openhab openhabian  49469 Oct 15 04:12 org.openhab.binding.wizlighting-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

and created a thing for one E27 bulb as you descibed here

Thing wizlighting:wizBulb:lamp [ macAddress="accf23343c50", ipAddress="192.168.0.183", homeId=18529 ]

but i can’t see anything neither in the PaperUI (bindings, things) nor in my Log-File. In the Karaf console the bundle does not show up either.

As I understood there is no config file needed if I configure the things manually, right?

What am I doing wrong?

I use the actual snapshot #1061.

Hi Budo,

Did you try creating an invite from the Wiz phone app and put that code as a text file in the openhab folder to auto discover?

Thanks

Hi Sriram,

no I didn’t. I thought it’s not needed when I do the manually setup via the thing file. It can try it on Monday.

Thanks

Hi Sriram,

what name does that file have to have?