[WLED] Power control not working correctly

I am using a Athom ESP32 controller with the shipped WLED-sound firmware on.
I am using the OpenHab binding

There does not seem to be a channel for power. I can add a switch to the “MasterControls” channel, which cosmetically will turn it off. However, this is not true on/off. The device has a power relay. If i connect directly to the controller via the wled web interface and press the power button there, I can hear the physical click of the relay power going on/off. The on/off from openhab is not activing the relay.

How do I access the true ‘on/off’ on the relay, via the openhab binding? the same “Power” that appears on the native wled UI.

Add a switch item to the globalBrightness channel that is on the BRIDGE thing

The bridge and channels will affect all segments.

Any channels for a SEGMENT thing will only affect the segment the thing refers to.

I can only see the “Thing Channels” in the UI. Where in the UI do I see the “Bridge Thing Channels” ?

ah… I’m on 3.2 openhab. looking at the docs, it only had thing channels. not bridge ones. so I guess I’m stuffed until I upgrade my OH version

I assume it wasn’t possible to power it on/off correctly in 3.2 version?

You can get a 3.3 jar from here that should work on your core and will give you the new bridge/thing ability. This way you take care of a breaking change before making your upgrade to 4.x

Index of /openhab/wled/ (pcmus.com)

In the end, I sent it direct to the controller via a script;

HTTP.sendHttpGetRequest("http://wled-1/win&T=0")

that worked a treat.

You can but you leave a minor hurdle that makes moving to V4 take more time later.