Working doorbell: Hikvision DS-HD1

THIS!! Just wanted to let everyone know that the step above has resolved a lot of crazy behavior I was observing related to making a change in .things or .items files related to this doorbell, and getting results that did not make any sense. Strongly recommend including this somewhere in the readme for the binding to keep people from pulling their hair out.

For example, this step finally made the audio detection work. Thanks @matt1

I probably took most of it for grantedā€¦ Assuming its onvif since it works with other stuff as well as their appā€¦ But ofcouse there is a chance that this is a whole different system and therefore doesnt work the way I hoped it would.

EDIT: Hikvision DS-HD1 isnt available in europe, as far as I can see. Buying it oversea means it will be alot more expencive atm.

I got the db2 and Iā€™m in uk (Amazon)

But IĀ“m a bit confused. If the Ezviz DB2 the same as Hikvision DS-HD1? I can tell they look the same, and some also mentioned the Ezviz as beeing Hikvision. But isnt there something about the firmware beeing different? I also saw some specs where the Ezviz says its 120 degree only. But the Hikvision is 180 degree.

I can get the Ezviz within a day here in Denmark. But the Hikvision isnt available in europe are far as I can tell.

The hardware is identical on the DB1 and DS-HD1 models and Hikvision make them all, they then charge X company a different amount depending on how many features they want in the firmware, so you can buy the cheaper Ezviz that normally has no Onvif and flash the Hikvision firmware on it. You then have Onvif working on the Ezviz hardware which is really the identical hardware that Hikvision make and also sellā€¦ Confused more? Its really simple, you can buy a camera with Onvif out of the box, or you can buy the cheaper unit, flash the firmware and then you have Onvif at a lower price. It gets more complicated then that if you want to read the ipcamtalk forum link that has been posted in this thread, but nest to take it one step at a time.

DB2 = has battery
DB1 = no battery

No idea if the firmware or hardware are the same on both models, you will need to look into it.

ā€˜ā€™ā€œfeaturing a 180-degree vertical and 105-degree horizontal field of viewā€ā€˜ā€™
So some sites quote the horizontal and others the vertical.

Personally since you already own a Dahua camera it is probably a better idea to stick with Dahua so they all work in the same app, just go into it with full knowledge that your the first.

@matt1, question. If there is an audio stream being fed to the ffmpeg analysis engine for audio events, is it possible to add the ability to record audio events? This would give an audio capability similar to what already exists for video gifs. Just a thought.

Take care

There is a mp4 recording feature that will include audio already in the binding, not sure I have fully documented it so will look at that as I have been extending some features in that area the past two weeks. You could simply tell that feature to skip video so only the audio goes into a mp4 container.

1 Like

Okay - not sure how I tell that feature to skip video, so I will look again at the documentation. As I understand it, what you are saying is when the binding creates a GIF, it captures both video, and audio if that is available. And it must be the case that the audio URI is discovered automatically because the binding already has it to feed to the ffmpeg audio detection engine.

I thought about that. But since IĀ“m not sure the Dahua doorbell 2202F-P is onvif, there are no idea in getting yet another useless doorbell, (My Ring doorbell is the worse though).
My others Dahua (normal onvif ipcameras), have a not yet fixed issue, I cant seem to figure, (posted in the ipcamera thread). I just want something that works all the time, and give me the features I need :slight_smile:

No GIF can not capture audio as that is a limitation of the GIF format. You need to use the MP4 feature of the binding and currently there are no ways to change the options so you would need to just use the video and audio in the same file. Also when I was testing over the weekend I found audio did not work for my camera so Iā€™ll have to look into why. One thing to stress is this DS-HD1 doorbell can only do 2 open streams from the main stream and 1 from the substream, if you start doing a shell script to do what you want you may run out if you donā€™t watch how many features you use all at the same time.

It is advertised as Onvif, I just can not say things will work until someone trys it and you indicated you are low on funds, so up to you if you wish to be the first or you wait till someone posts it works.

Money is not the issueā€¦ Its the chance of getting yet another useless doorbell ordered from another country/Spain, (though it can hardly be as bad as the Ring 2 doorbell IĀ“ve got now).
And my latest issues with my Dahua ipcamera I cant seem to fix, doesnt make things any betterā€¦

Thanks @matt1. Of course, I meant the .mp4 file creation. Good point about the open streams. Low priority, but please let me know if/when you get the audio working. I will open an issue about this on GitHub - that way I will receive an automatic notification when you get around to addressing this. If you do not want that, just close the GitHub Issue.

Audio is working fine in the latest build of the binding, both HLS and MP4 recordings work.

1 Like

First post examples have been updated to fix the breaking changes that openHAB version 2.5.9 will bring. If I made any typos please post so I can fix them up.

New way to detect button pushes

2 Likes

Updated the firmware to 5.2.4_211101 and had to roll back as the snapshot url does not work in the latest firmware. Use the previous firmware from Hikvision 200321-2020-03-31 firmware to get working ONVIF and snapshots at http://ip:80/onvif/snapshot
The binding will auto detect this url as ONVIF reports this url during the discovery/connection.