Xi Home App. No "Developer Mode"

Hi all,

I’m trying to use the ‘Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Binding’ to control curtains. All works using the mi home app.

I’ve following the instructions about accessing the developer mode by going to ‘About’ but in the latest version of mi home on IOS, v4.7.18 it’s not there :frowning:

Any ideas?

Thanks for the link. That’s the old version of the mi home software, v3.6 I think, it’s not there in v4.x.

Does that:https://diyprojects.io/installing-including-xiaomi-smart-home-kit-home-assistant-hass/#How_to_enable_the_develop_mode_on_the_Mi_Home_app

work?

Nope. That’s the same instructions I tried to follow originally, there is no ‘About’ option. Thanks tho.

Not sure if it makes any difference I’m using the ‘Smart Gateway 3’ I’ve ordered a ‘2’ to see if it makes any difference.

Just received the ‘Gateway’ device, ie the round one with the light and it does have the Lan Control option. The other device I’ve got is the AC Partner v3 which can act as a gateway but doesn’t seem to have this option…

Should be all good now though.

Thanks

Hi,

I just bought a Mi Control Hub (Gateway) and I am also not able to find the About section to activate the Dev Mode. How can you tell what version it is? It doesn’t show me any version numbers on the box, nor in the Mi Home Android App.

If you’ve got the same one in the photo above, that’s the same issue I had… it doesnt show you the about section. I never managed to enable dev mode.

You need to the round one.

I do have a round one - looks identical to the one in the YouTube video posted above. It should be the newest model - it just got on sale here in Hongkong. But unfortunately the About section is missing.

Do you know if yours (the working one) is the Chinese version? I noticed that all the Hubs that seem to work speak Chinese on initial install and you have to choose Mainland China as location.

Mine speaks Cantonese and only works with Hongkong as location. I also noticed that the app looks different when started in the “China Setting”. Maybe that is the issue. But I can’t connect to the Hub when the App is set to China…

To get the token you can install a hacked version of Mi Home app:

(Google translate to understand the russian)
Spasibo :slight_smile:

The app looks legit, but didn’t get me the developer password. The token seems to be something else.

Does anybody know how to enable dev.mode in the Mi Home app v6?
I cant find “about” section or similar in both apps for ios and android.

Hi miroff

I haven’t find a way myself. All I could do was get the token which doesn’t help with current binding.
Instead I went for a zigbee2mqtt stick and the mqtt binding. This works fine with Mi devices and also let me use other zigbee things (I’m fascinated how many no-neutral zigbee light switches are there compared to Z-Wave)

1 Like

You mean, that stick will give me ability to fully replace gateway?

1 Like

If you are only using Xiaomi Zigbee devices → Yes.

Here is an list of all supported devices by zigbee2mqtt: supported_devices

1 Like