Xiaomi electric fan

Aha, but I have the fan on the same network as the openhab?

But anyway, I tried now also the other two options “Discover online suppported devices from Xiaomi cloud” and “Discover all devices from Xiaomi cloud”.

Should now my fan get populated with the token automatically (“token” is empty), or am I supposed to find it somewhere, (where?) and paste it into the fan thing?

Maybe I need to wait, or restart openhab or something?
Edit: I’m using the binding that came with oh3.1 release. Maybe I need an updated binding?

Both work the same… the later is for more advanced usage if you are trying to incorporate very new (unsupported devices)

there is no need for updating, the v3.1 is very new.
You can check the binding readme to see if your device is already supported.
In any case you first need the token for your device to get connection & more details.
You can run the ‘scan’ in the discovery page if you are inpatient

Yes, I understand I need the token. The Fan it self is already found and installed as a thing.

So I switched back to “Discover online supported deivces”, but where is the token supposed to show up? Directly/automatically in the Fan thing, or somewhere else?

Maybe xiaomi server is down, it was very slow yesterday, when I installed their app on my phone. I’ll leave it until tomorrow, before I give up on this.

Thanks anyway,
Micael

see here the example/difference of the discovery results

you can check in either the degug logging or in the userdata/miio folder for files with filename miiotokens_COUNTRY.json) to know if the cloud connection was successfull

OK, so the miioTokens-de.json contained the token! After copying it to the fan thing, it came online. I think this is not easy to understand (or it was not for me, anyway, maybe it is too warm (hence the fan!) for my brain to find this information)!

Thanks, now I can continue configuring! :slight_smile:

So I found this thread when searching for support of my new Fan.
I notice many are now using OH3 but I am still hesitating and would like to continue using my OH2.5
For that reason I opened a new thread about this Fan support but using OH2.5
I would appreciate if you could please reply on that thread as well.