Xiaomi Items not getting values

From the webUI remove :8080 and replace wiith :9001 for log viewer

Try uninstalling the binding then reinstall

Done that, and tried a fresh openhab install too

Sorry, not much more I can help with. Try a search for a similar issue and maybe you’ll run across the answer.

Best of Luck

Does the devices work (report) correctly to the Mi Home app?

Yeah everything is fine in the Mi App… And all devices show as online in Openhab as well. Don’t know if it helps but the gateway luminance on all of the gateways is the same, doesn’t change even in night, and I cannot turn the lights on on the gateway from openhab - but I can in the Mi Home app

Hmm thats odd…
I wonder if you´re missing the Xiaomi Gateway (thing) or there is an error in it.
I have two Things for the Gateway. One is the actual gateway link to the binding/openHab. The other is the smart home gateway (it´s psycical the same device).

Yeah, exactly the same for me. These all worked perfectly until I went from openhab 2.2 to 2.3 I think. They are all online though, and all connected to a bridge. Its odd! I have a new gateway I have just bought so I am going to connect that to a new Mi Home account and then new installation of openhab - if I get the same issue I guess it must be router based issue? But again dont know how it would be showing up on Mi Home if the router was blocking the ports?

You mention that

“luminance on all of the gateways is the same”

, so I guess you have multiple gateways configured as master / slave? Did you try to go back to a basic one gateway, one sensor config? Does that work?

Sorry, not sure what you mean master/slave?

I’ve now used a brand new gateway, brand new openhabian install this morning. Adding gateway all goes fine, add the developer key, then add devices. Again, all show as online, all seems to be working, but go to “control” on PaperUI and again nothing is there, nothing being updated, and cannot control the gateway:

As far as I know sensors are linked to a particular gateway, that again can be linked to the main gateway (but I’m not sure as I do not use this config, I just read about it in the Xiaomi artices)
But when facing problems that are not understood, going back to the most basic situation is always best. So use one gateway, link your sensors to that gateway. Then setup openhab to communicate with it.

Thats what I have done, as above, doesnt work either

Literally the only other thing I can possibly this of is, when it says port 9898 must not be used by anything else on the system, does that mean the whole network?

So my Openhabian is on 192.168.69.3, and port 9898 is used and open by Monkeycom (which I think is correct). I then have another few pies which all have 9898 used by Monkeycom but all closed.
Then is I look at port 9898 on the gateways they are all open and pinging them works.
However on 192.168.69.2 I am running a Windows Server, which on port 9898 has Monkecom and again is open… should that be closed?

So to double check (not that I want to express any doubts regarding your setup, but I understand the PI setup is fresh and all should really work out-of-the-box)

All other gateways are off (unpowered)
There is one gateway where the sensors are linked to (the should (for now) not be linked to other gateways).
You use the developer key of the single gateway that is on…

I dont remember what port 9898 is used for in the Xiaomi gateway. But in general, it´s a very bad idea having several devices operate on the same port.
Could you try disconnect the other devices (just for testing) and then restart the Xiaomi gateway?

Yes port 9898 should not be used on the openhab system, that should be changed.

Well it is open “out of the box” on openhabian. All I have literally just done is turn off all gateways, fresh install of Habian, install Xiaomi binding, plug in brand new gateway, add one child device (motion), add both to openhab and add developer key.

So the port open 9898 on Openhab has been done BY openhab

Nmap scan report for openHABianPi.localdomain (192.168.69.3)
Host is up (0.0050s latency).

PORT STATE SERVICE
9898/udp open|filtered monkeycom
MAC Address: B8:27:EB:83:B6:6C (Raspberry Pi Foundation)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 4.08 seconds

Surely I need this open so it is listening out for the gateway which also uses 9898:

Nmap scan report for lumi-gateway-v3_miio80948140.localdomain (192.168.69.85)
Host is up (0.014s latency).

PORT STATE SERVICE
9898/udp open monkeycom
MAC Address: 78:11:DC:E1:7E:2B (Xiaomi Electronics,co.)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 3.85 seconds

No idea if this is useful… when I tried to delete and readd the device…

the Bridge is autodiscovered, once added the motion sensor and Gateway is also autodiscovered. If I don’t add the developer key then nothing appear in Control for the devices, if however I then add the developer key, the battery level shows as 100%, and the lumination of the gateway goes to 1292. Again, it doesnt update any values to show when motion is detected (as it does on the App) but adding the developer key does make this difference.

PLEASE HELP