Xiaomi magic cube - swing and IAM trigger

Hi
I played around with my magic cube and by accident I get the following:

13:47:47.275 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - mihome:sensor_cube:158d0001135c14:action triggered SWING
13:47:47.301 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - mihome:sensor_cube:158d0001135c14:action triggered IAM

I tried to reproduce it but without luck. does anyone know any thing about about these? They are not in the Mi app.
BR
Brian

These days I’ve watched the same with the xiaomi aqara cube.
Additionally the gateway tells me something with the swing event - chinese.
Reproducing is difficult - sometimes.
I’ll try to evaluate this like a “SWING”.
But I would like to the gateway to shut up?

2018-10-29 09:54:22.617 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - mihome:sensor_cube:158d00024a4c5c:action triggered SWING
2018-10-29 09:54:22.668 [vent.ChannelTriggeredEvent] - mihome:sensor_cube:158d00024a4c5c:action triggered IAM

Why shutting it up?
Just don’t use it.
Back then, when my Xiaomi Sensors have been working, I’ve discovered a Event called “ALARM”. does anyone know what this is supposed to be?

I think it a simple shake sensor, maybe when somebody is using the cube or something.
I have yet to find a meaning full use of it

The Xiaomi gateway is making noise - it tells something on chinese - with every swing.
(only with the swing) :thinking:

It seems to me - that these “ALARM” comes as a reaction on small vibrations.
e.g. the cube is laying on the table and somebody is knocking on the table.
So you could secure something with it - to prevent it from taken away?

It often comes in front of other event’s e.g. somebody takes the cube in his hands.

Okay that’s really weird haha
Never discovered that actually, but I really wouldn’t want that too.

Oh yes, that makes sense.
Thank you :slight_smile:

In the MiHome app the swing is used to pair the cube to the gateway (you don’t have to open it and press the button). a recent change to the binding propably could have enabled OH to show this action.
The gateway start talking because it thinks the cube want to pair again. I have a defect aqara smart button, where pushing the button causes the IAM action instead of “press once, twice, long”.
I guess all devices which send actions (smart buttons, cube, vibration sensor…), if you press the linkage button the IAM action is fired.

You can just use it. If you want the gateway to shut up, the easiest way is to turn the volume down completely in the MiHome app.