Xiaomi Mi G1 Robot Vacuum Cleaner - Will it Work With OH 2.5.8

Hi,
I’m looking to buy a Xiaomi Mi G1 Robot Vacuum Cleaner (budget limited to < £200 :frowning: ) and was wondering if this model can be linked to OH?

Thanks,
Richie

You’ll need to find out what is the right (technical) model string of the device to know if it is supported.
However, you may not find it easilly, but the vast majority of Xiaomi vacuums are supported and can be controlled via OH with miio binding… (think the only exception being the old 1c model)

Hi,
Well, it arrived.
I managed to get the token and connect it to OH (I’ve now upgraded to 2.5.10)
However, it is detected as unsupported and goes offline with config error.
2020-12-12 01_29_27-RoboVac-Xiaomi_Thing
The firmware version is latest and matches what I see on the Android Mi Home app.
I’ve created a switch and am running:
(experimental)Execute test to find supported channels
I will upload the text file that will be created in my openHAB\userdata\miio folder later today in case that helps.

Thanks,
Richie

I see that it is already supported with the oh3 snapshot.

What you can do is to copy the file to you local folder

Hi Marcel,
Thanks for letting me know about that.
Which folder do I put the file in for OH2 to see it?

Thanks,
Richie

Hi,
I have put the json file in userdata\miio
This doesn’t seem to have worked.
I have also deleted the robovac thing & items and tried to rediscover the device, but it never finds anything (in the binding i have my email address and password for the xiaomi cloud service so it can get the token as well.
Not sure what I am doing wrong now.

Thanks,
Richie

Try the conf/misc/miio folder for the JSON file.
Do you see any files in the user data/miio folder?
If they have any size it means the cloud connection is working

Hi,
There wasn’t a conf\misc\miio folder, so I created one and put the file in there.
I deleted the json files from the userdata\miio folder, reinstalled the miio binding and put in my mi account details.
The “de” and “tw” json files showed configuration, but with two different tokens. The “tw” file has the correct token, so set that in the binding as the country code.
The Xiaomi G1 was then listed in the inbox and I added most of the items. Only a few seem to have values, but are picking up correct values.
I just need to look at identifying which ones should return data and how I can issue commands as well as view maps/progress.

Also, in Paper UI I get an Error 500 trying to update the Thing if I try to change the name or description, so it has to stay as “Unknown Mi IO Device”

I’ve attached screenshot using Basic UI ( not had much time to access PC, so done most of this on my phone).

Thanks,
Richie

Cool, you found the right folder than.

You may want to look at
https://next.openhab.org/addons/bindings/miio/#xiaomi-mi-robot-vacuum-mop-essential-mijia-vacuum-v2-channels to see the mappings for the channels (note: looking at the mappings I think there is a bit of an error there: I think they need additional quote e.g. instead of [1="Level1",2="Level2",3="Level3"] it should be ["1"="Level1","2"="Level2","3"="Level3"]

Also look at https://next.openhab.org/addons/bindings/miio/#mi-io-devices for your device as it has some specific needs wrt to timing. You may want to remove some channels or increase the time between refreshes speed even more

Don’t know why paperUI is giving a 500 error. Normally this should be possible.

Hi,
I’ve updated the timing on the device (it let’s me update that, just throws the Error 500 when trying to update Name or Description).
I’m not sure why most of the values for the channels are blank - unless the Classic UI can’t display them.
I will try and investigate, when I get chance.

Thanks,
Richie