Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding

Unfortunately I have encountered a problem with my Robot Vaccum V1 after updating to OH 3.

Robot goes offline after the few seconds.

• discovery delivers two results for the robot

• took the Xiaomi Mi Device rockrobo-vacuum-v1_miio

• put in the token

• pressed saved

• robot goes online

• after a while it goes offline

• every time I press the save button - the same

2021-01-29 12:31:54.351 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘miio:vacuum:046C6CA9’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE

2021-01-29 12:32:04.365 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘miio:vacuum:046C6CA9’ changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE

2021-01-29 12:33:04.454 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘miio:vacuum:046C6CA9’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

2021-01-29 12:34:04.544 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘miio:vacuum:046C6CA9’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE

2021-01-29 12:34:14.543 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘miio:vacuum:046C6CA9’ changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE

2021-01-29 12:35:14.634 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘miio:vacuum:046C6CA9’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

Have you checked the faq in the binding readme?
This sounds like token issue or multiple entries for the same vacuum

Does someone know if the new GUANGCAN YLXD50YL will work with the MI IO Binding?
I didn’t find information which Device model it is. I expect it to be ‘yeelink.light.ceiling10/19/20.ambi’ but I really don’t know. I actually just need a working #actions channel, the rest I can programm myself…
Does someone know? Thanks in advantage :slight_smile:

If it has wifi, and if not supported, it will still have a command channel.

As the yeelights are very similar, to controlo you almost always find a similar model substitute that will work for you.

Okay allright, I will do my best and leave some feedback if it works or not!
Thanks again marcel :slight_smile:

i have the exact same problem as @BigMountainSki.
also running last openhab3. and it worked before.

i got a new phone, so i had to repair the device in my xiaomi app on my phone and thought it was linked to this. but reading this, i guess it is not the case.

i have only one entry with this token.

could it be, by any chance, linked to this mdns issue ?

What you can try is to remove the thing and add it again. Make sure your vacuum is online and do a new discovery.
Suggest to add the entry without _miio

Yes, if not supported, be sure to try the ’ add experimental support’ switch as that will build a dB file for your device based on the responses from it

Thank you!
I think the token should be alright - because it’s the old one and if I use the other generic device in the inbox it shows the token.
Will it show online for a short time with an invalid token?
And yes I’ve checked the FAQ - but the App changed a bit - I was not able to cross check the token!

Invalid token will be online for bit (as it can detect the device at the right IP) than goes to offline-configuration error (as it con’t communicate)

@marcel_verpaalen : Thank you for your support :grinning:
it was my fault…What i did to get it running - may be for others:

• install the binding
  • configure the binding - enter my xiaomi accoutdata: username and password and server, chose dicovery online for supported devs
    (configuration is a bit hidden on the bottom - so you have to look for it…)
  • go to the inbox
  • choose the Xiaomi Mi Device … rockrobo-vacuum-v1_miio… with token
  • easy peasy :+1:
  • no need to extract the token anywhere
1 Like

Thanks Marcel for the advice :slight_smile:
i tried, multiple time. removing all previous xiaomi devices from openhab. adding from discovery and also manually. same problem.

In your discover does it have the things " with token" in the description. If no, the cloud connectivity is not working yet for you. You either need to get the cloud info setup right or get the tokens with alternative methods.

If it has, and you went throught the suggestions in the binding readme FAQ, share a debug log, than maybe it is possible to detect what’s going on.

2 Likes

Thanks for your persistance Marcel!
You were right and the FAQ helped!

Indeed my device was previously registered in CN, and without paying attention, with my new phone i registered in BE (server DE hence). After updating the binding config to use only DE servers, and restarting openhab (it was giving an error while adding the thing otherwise), it works like a charm!

thanks !

Hi Marcel,

wouldn’t it be possible to set the background to transparent?
If so, it would probably please all and fit everybodies need…

For now, I had to work around the given shape and color and ended with

Would be a lot easier to integrate the image without the blue background (and cropped to the “used” area only).

Sorry, if “transparent color” has already discussed (and answered) somewhere already :wink:

Nah, that has not been discussed earlier. (cropped yes, but as this graphics programming is not really my area of expertise I did not dive into that yet)
Might be a good idea indeed. Would be great if you could try it out and make a PR :slight_smile:

Thanks, for the reply.
Unfortunately, Java programming is not my area of expertise :wink:

I followed the discussion about setting up a development environment and I’m afraid, that’s beyond my possibilities :frowning:

Should I file an issue in openhab-addons on this?
Maybe someone who is convinced that this is a good idea might pick it up?

1 Like

haha… you can always learn… I did not know any java before OH :slight_smile:
yes, would be good to log an enhancement request on GH…

Hi Marcel,

thanks a lot for your amazing work on the binding :slight_smile:

I would like to use the room cleaning option described here, but I would like to set the repetitions to 2 or 3…

Is there any way to set the repeats when using segment cleaning?

Done:

:wink: