Xiaomi Router 3C - maximum devices?

Hey guys,

I did not find any other topic to fit my theme.

I bought a Xiaomi Router 3C to have a dedicated network for my smart home stuff. It seems like that I reached the limit of the devices - but I cannot find anything about that limit. Just found 126 devices for the “3”.

Only 20 devices will connect at the same time. If I disconnect a device another one can connect. I own many yeelights… That is very unlucky.

Any knowledge or suggestions about that?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings
Andreas

I found sth. about it:

“It can connect with up to 64 devices at the same time, including 20 computing devices and 44 IoT devices.”
http://www.gadgetsnow.com/more-gadgets/xiaomi-mi-router-3c-launched-in-india-at-rs-1119/articleshow/58700027.cms

Wow… So all my Yeelights and Sonoff S20 are computing devices, because they count towards that 20 devices limit. What exactly is the definition of an IoT device then if Yeelights and Smart Sockets are none?..

Definition from http://internetofthingsagenda.techtarget.com/definition/IoT-device :
“IoT devices include thermostats, light bulbs, door locks, fridges, cars, implants for RFID and pacemakers (among an almost infinite list of possibilities). The concept behind the Internet of Things (IoT) is all these things working in concert for people in businesses, in industry, or at home.”

I need to find a router now, which supports around 50 “computing devices” and is able to have the dhcp-list configureable. Any suggestions?

Were you able to check? Did you change your router or settings in MI router?

i had the same problem with a fritzbox and xiaomi g3 router with openwrt, now i have unifi ap ac pro, these access points can handle much more devices.

I can only recommend this to everyone, because the price-performance is very good and you have no wifi problems and everything works perfectly.

I also invested a lot of time in solving these network problems, but you won’t be able to do much other than get better hardware.

I am using a Xiaomi Router 3G now. With 40 devices it is working fine.