XMPP consolusers doesn't work. Should it?

• Platform information:
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT

I have configured the XMPP binding in order to use the sendXMPP() action which works perfectly with my installed Prosody XMPP server.

The XMPP binding documentation indicates I can configure consoleusers to a comma-separated list of users that are allowed to use the XMPP console, but there is no indication whatsoever that the XMPP server is actually talking to OH2 when a consoleuser types something into a chat.

The logs indicate a connection is initiated when the action is invoked, but from that moment onwards total silence, even if I increase logging to DEBUG. The TCP connection between OH2 and the XMPP server remains open

INFO ] [hab.action.xmpp.internal.XMPPConnect] - Connection to XMPP as 'j0@ohab.<internal>/5da82b17-32fe-41cf-a211-fe90e572c345' has been established. Is secure/encrypted: true

(I believe Kai demonstrated quite a long time ago how he did status Windows from a Jabber/XMPP client, and I’m trying to accomplish similarly.)

Should this actually work and can somebody kick me in the proper direction please?

services/xmpp.cfg

username=j0
password=j0
servername=ohab.<internal>
securitymode=required
tlspin=CERTPLAIN:30820...
proxy=ohab.<internal>
port=5222
consoleusers=jpm@ohab.<internal>