[XMPPClient] How to get rid of xmpp ping warnings issued by smack library

The smack library sometims has got problems with pinging my XMPP server and writes this warning including a stack trace into the log file:

18:06:09.379 [WARN ] [.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager] - Exception while pinging server of XMPPTCPConnection[oh@mherbst.de/aHcS6rPP] (4)
java.lang.InterruptedException: null
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2014) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2088) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.poll(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:418) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.StanzaCollector.nextResult(StanzaCollector.java:195) ~[bundleFile:4.3.3]
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.StanzaCollector.nextResultOrThrow(StanzaCollector.java:259) ~[bundleFile:4.3.3]
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.ping(PingManager.java:240) ~[bundleFile:4.3.3]
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.pingMyServer(PingManager.java:323) ~[bundleFile:4.3.3]
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.pingMyServer(PingManager.java:304) ~[bundleFile:4.3.3]
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager.pingServerIfNecessary(PingManager.java:447) [bundleFile:4.3.3]
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ping.PingManager$7.run(PingManager.java:478) [bundleFile:4.3.3]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]

It seems to be timing issue. XMPP pings by other xmpp client don’t cause problems.

How can I suppress these messages? They are “polluting” my log file because the seem to happen aber every 30 min.

Only thing I could think of is to see the logging level of the binding to ERROR. Downside of this will be that other WARN logs will be ignored as well though.

I have tried it via the Karaf console but it did not work. Will try to set it in the cfg file.

I am now some days not at home and therefore I have removed the binding for the time being.