Yale Keyless lock problem with 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT

(JimBob Jones) #1

Hi all,

I’ve installed a Yale Keyless Connected Smart Lock, OpenHAB is able to see it and I’m able to add it, however it shows up as “The device is not in the database” even though it’s in the supported devices list. I was originally trying this on 2.0.0, then upgraded to 2.1.0, and then up to 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT but they all show the same thing even though other people are running the locks fine on 2.2.0?

Secondly when I upgraded to 2.2.0 I found most of my Z-Wave devices now come up as “unrecognised” even though they were working perfectly fine in 2.1.0?

Many thanks for your time!

(SiHui) #2

Secure locks won’t work with the snapshot release you are using, you need to use the development version of the zwave binding:

(JimBob Jones) #3

Ah, I see, thank you! I did come across this bit before, but couldn’t figure out how to compile a JAR file from this. I tried using Eclipse but the resulting JAR file was unusable by OpenHAB.

Secondly, if I go back to 2.1.0 and then use the development version of the Z-Wave binding, will it work, or do I still need to use the 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

(Chris Jackson) #4

The JAR is provided - you don’t need to compile it. There’s a link from the first message in the above topic that always has the latest version. There are install instructions in the first 4 or 5 messages.

Yes - this will be fine… Note that the development version is not 100% compatible with the current binding though, so you will need to delete your existing things when you change.

(SiHui) #5

… and don’t forget post #11, you will need to install the serial dependency manually:

(Kai Mahnke) #6

I have the same problem with a YRD220. I am using the Zwave binding and installed in the addons folder. One Kwikset lock is already working nicely.
Habmin discovers the lock as node 28, but I cannot find the file network_*********_node_28.xml in the userdata/zwave folder, no manufacturer and type / ID are shown.

Log events:

17:32:46.458 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED
17:32:46.466 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)
17:32:54.958 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
17:32:54.969 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 28: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
17:32:54.972 [INFO ] [ig.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' to inbox.
17:32:54.972 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxAddedEvent      ] - Discovery Result with UID 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' has been added.
17:32:56.007 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.BindingEvent         ] - org.openhab.binding.zwave.event.BindingEvent@36c71a84
17:33:25.011 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.BindingEvent         ] - org.openhab.binding.zwave.event.BindingEvent@51615afb
17:33:41.441 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.InboxRemovedEvent    ] - Discovery Result with UID 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' has been removed.
17:33:41.442 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
17:33:41.443 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
17:33:41.444 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:15e3f70387c:node28' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to ONLINE
17:34:04.724 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.BindingEvent         ] - org.openhab.binding.zwave.event.BindingEvent@26211a77

(Chris Jackson) #7

This means that the binding has not initialised the device. Maybe it’s not included correctly, or maybe it’s not communicating. The log really isn’t very useful as it doesn’t show any communications with the device - I’d suggest to enable debug logging to see what is happening.

(Kai Mahnke) #8


thanks for the database access, it worked.

Regarding the Yale lock:

it is not possible to remove or add the device into the network through habmin. I can only successfully remove it using the Aeontec Gen 5 stick

  • However, whether I use the stick or habmin, I can’t get the lock to respond with an ‘ok’ after the inclusion process. Maybe I have to reset the whole thing.
    I have attached a logfile excerpt. I deleted the node in question, then started node detection in habmin. It finds a new node (#31), but cannot identify it. Maybe you can see something more detailed.
    Temporarily the system had detected some more information (see node xml attached), but couldn’t identify the lock anyway.

Kind regards

Kai Mahnke

(Chris Jackson) #9

This simply will not work - you MUST use HABmin for secure devices. The secure inclusion happens within 10 to 15 seconds after the network inclusion, so you must have he binding running.

(Kai Mahnke) #10

Thanks. After a factory reset the lock seemed to be defect, so forget about this issue.