Yale L1 Z-wave Unknown Device

You have 2 ZWAVE bindings installed…one must be cached.

187 and 194

You need to remove the prior one

From the KARAH console…

bundle:uninstall 187

Should do the trick

Squid

No - don’t uninstall this one. This one is running, and it is the right one. The other one doesn’t really matter, but you can uninstall it as mentioned (except it’s bundle id 194).

Sorry about that…

Why would the newer version have the older bundle ID?

Bundle IDs are not related to the age of a bundle. The ID is an incrementing number, so if you install an older bundle, after a newer bundle, it will have a higher ID. Basically, the date on the bundle is the date the bundle was created (ie compiled), while the bundle ID is allocated at the time the bundle is loaded into the system.

These will be easier to read if you wrap them with code fences.

It also looks like the serial feature is not installed.

Looks like you need to install the feature…

In the Karaf window…

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

Sorry about the wrong information earlier…I did not check the version number…only looked at the bundle id.

Squid

openhab> feature:install openhab-transport-serial
Error executing command: Error restarting bundles:
Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [213]
Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“2.4.0.201807161952”; osgi.identity=“org.openhab.binding.zwave”; singleton:=“true”

This usually means you have two versions of the same binding installed. Don’t install the binding through PaperUI and don’t make an entry in addons.cfg, if you are dropping it into addons.

does this log mean that its still not seeing it in the DB?..

2018-07-18 22:16:53.520 [ERROR] [serialmessage.SetSucNodeMessageClass] - NODE 0: SetSucNodeID command failed.
2018-07-18 22:16:53.523 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0129:0066:0000::14.32

Yes, it looks like there’s a bit of a mixup with the update.

@mhilbush it seems you added 6600:0000 to a device - but possibly not the right one?

Ugh. Sorry.

No - it’s not… You entered 6600 - not 0066. I’m also not convinced that this is the right device based on the comment at the top which states it is ASSA ABLOY Yale Smart Door Lock Z-Wave Module?

i have a pic of the module if you would like me to post?

Yes, I sure did! Totally missed the 0066 versus 6600. :man_facepalming:

So at this point, I’m not sure which device to edit, or whether this is a new device that needs to be added to the DB.

@itezcouk Do you have a manual for the device, and can you post a link?

the device is a yale conexis lock (https://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/products/smart-living/smart-door-locks/conexis-l1-smart-door-lock/) with this z-wave module installed ASSA ABLOY RFHX-YZW10-00

Well, that looks like the one I edited. Maybe I just entered the Type:Id incorrectly.

@chris WDYT?

@mhilbush I think the device you updated might be fine. I’m not 100% sure, but I get the impression that these modules report different codes depending on what lock they are in (I think I have the same module in my Yale lock). I’m therefore not a fan of a general “module” device, but prefer to have separate product entries.

Agreed.

There’s no maybe :wink: . You entered 6600, and it should be 0066.

I’m heading off to bed, but will do another update tomorrow evening if you can swap the IDs around (and thanks Mark).

thanks for your help all. have learned a lot over past day… snapshot version, console commands and logs. all a good learning curve :slight_smile: