Yale L1 Z-wave Unknown Device

Wow thanks for the quick reply. are you able to send me a link as to how to update the database once you have made the changes?

One thing to be wary of is the default Zwave binding does not currently support secure inclusion meaning it will not work with locks. Soon that support will be added to the SNAPSHOT but until that happens you must use the version of the binding, and the inclusion procedure, discussed here.

Thanks Mark.

thanks,

will this push/pull down to my install or will i need to perform some sort of manual update?

thanks, sorry to be a pain, do i just copy to the addons dir and restart the service or is there more to it? feel free to point me to a guide

You need to install the development version of the zwave binding as described here. But wait a day or two because @chris needs to merge the database update into the binding.

This version of the binding will soon be merged into master. This is the version you want to be running.

Post back here if you have any questions, or run into trouble.

The database has now been updated and a new binding is available…

1 Like

this is driving me crazy. I guess i need to download the following version for my windows 10 usb zwave setup.

1, download/install openhab snapshot https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/ to c:\openhab2

2, copy org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file to C:\OpenHAB2\addons

3, open openhab paperui and install binding zwave serial controller

4, click inbox and search for zwave device and add.

the z-wave serial controller is now online but the lock shows as offline.

did i download the snapshot too soon? says updated 17/07.

Thanks for your help… much appreciated. (also i have this on at test system running teamviewer if you fancy a look at where im going wrong.

Regards,

Darren

Before you include the lock, I would suggest to exclude it. This should ensure that the device is totally reset - secure inclusion has to happen within 15 seconds of the initial inclusion, and if it doesn’t (eg if it was already included) it will never work.

I would also suggest to double check that you are really running the right version - ie using the Karaf console. Sometimes OH can cache bindings and you may still be running an old version.

If all else fails, it would be worth looking at the debug logfile to see what is happening.

Possibly something more fundamental is wrong here - even if the security didn’t work, the device should still be online if it is communicating. I would definately suggest looking at the debug logs…

ive removed the install and started from scratch and its now appearing as online. is this the correct installed zwave binding…

You have 2 ZWAVE bindings installed…one must be cached.

187 and 194

You need to remove the prior one

From the KARAH console…

bundle:uninstall 187

Should do the trick

Squid

No - don’t uninstall this one. This one is running, and it is the right one. The other one doesn’t really matter, but you can uninstall it as mentioned (except it’s bundle id 194).

Sorry about that…

Why would the newer version have the older bundle ID?

Bundle IDs are not related to the age of a bundle. The ID is an incrementing number, so if you install an older bundle, after a newer bundle, it will have a higher ID. Basically, the date on the bundle is the date the bundle was created (ie compiled), while the bundle ID is allocated at the time the bundle is loaded into the system.

These will be easier to read if you wrap them with code fences.

It also looks like the serial feature is not installed.

Looks like you need to install the feature…

In the Karaf window…

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

Sorry about the wrong information earlier…I did not check the version number…only looked at the bundle id.

Squid

openhab> feature:install openhab-transport-serial
Error executing command: Error restarting bundles:
Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [213]
Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“2.4.0.201807161952”; osgi.identity=“org.openhab.binding.zwave”; singleton:=“true”

This usually means you have two versions of the same binding installed. Don’t install the binding through PaperUI and don’t make an entry in addons.cfg, if you are dropping it into addons.