Yale Real Living YRD220 not locking

Hello community…Trying to get my Yale YRD220 to lock. Zwave finds it recognizes it, however nothing works. It wont poll for battery, unlock, or lock. I’m using 2.3 bindings so I should have support for secure inclusion mode. I selected option “Entry Control Devices”. I get the below error in log when I try to lock or unlock. Let me know if you have ideas what I can check.

2018-08-04 10:54:20.774 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_device_24d4ef64_node6_lock_door changed from OFF to ON
2018-08-04 10:54:27.755 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘zwave_device_24d4ef64_node6_lock_door’ received command OFF
2018-08-04 10:54:27.773 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_device_24d4ef64_node6_lock_door changed from ON to OFF
==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-08-04 10:54:27.765 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler@a48ad6’: null

The 2.3 binding doesn’t support secure inclusion. Please use the development binding -:

Hate to ask this…I just installed everything with Pi image…How do I manually install a binding?

Copy the jar to the addons directory. Read the first several posts in the thread Chris linked to. Uninstall the binding you have first! You will probably need to run feature:install openhab-transport-serial through Karaf too. Then delete all of your zwave Things and discover (this does not mean exclude them).

Thank you. I will give this a shot. Appreciate the quick responses for newbie and relatively older lock. If you need any testers for those Zwave bindings let me know.

Hi just one quick newbie question. I built my Openhab with Pi image. Trying to copy jar to addons directory with FileZilla. Does the image have ftp enabled by default I cant get it to work? Thanks.

Do you mean openHABian? I don’t use it, but there should be some Samba shares made available by default, or you can add more. You should be able to acces the addons folder this way. I do not believe FTP is enabled on openHABian.

Oh thanks! I feel foolish didn’t realize my network discovery was turned off on laptop. I see the shares now.

1 Like

Thanks. I keep getting command not found…when running “feature:install openhab-transport-serial”. Is there a directory I need to run it from?

You need to be in the Karaf console… https://www.openhab.org/docs/administration/console.html. I think the account:password are both openhabian.

Thanks Scott…I perform ssh session with putty and logon to openhab server (raspberry pi image). Enter username and pass openhabian (default). Get prompt opehnabian@openHABianPi. Then I enter the command “feature:install openhab-transport-serial”. I get command not found. Im sure I am missing a step to be in actual console or directory where console commands are recognized. Thanks.

You’re sshing into your Pi. You then need to ssh into Karaf (ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost), unless you’ve configured it to allow login from other than localhost. I don’t know if openHABian allows this by default. It will look like this when you get in. Then run the feature:install.

Another (easier) way to do this is to install the Serial binding, which enables the serial transport. But then you have another binding that is running… but not doing anything.

Thank you! Lock is now working and controlled by Openhab!

Cool! I’m actually wrapping up a script to help people set this up. Could you please confirm that the Karaf login on openHABian is openhab:habopen? I thought there was a chance it might also be opehabian:openhabian.

Yup…I used habopen.

1 Like