Yamaha Binding Problems

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc8fa6ee748>

Hello,

actually i got a problem with the yamaha receiver binding: after changing the state of a switch or another item the receiver doesnt execute the command as expected. there is no error in the logs, the receiver just doenst do anything - even the items in openhab didnt get an update after changes at the receiver itself:

2018-05-25 20:07:28.061 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'RXV775Main_Zone_Zone_channels_Mute' received command ON

2018-05-25 20:07:28.063 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - RXV775Main_Zone_Zone_channels_Mute changed from OFF to ON

2018-05-25 20:07:31.591 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'RXV775Main_Zone_Zone_channels_Mute' received command OFF

2018-05-25 20:07:31.594 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - RXV775Main_Zone_Zone_channels_Mute changed from ON to OFF

the state of the thing is “UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING” but i dont have an idea what to do now. scanning for new things doesnt bring up any results.

anyone an idea how to solve this?

thanks, Alex

ps: using the actual snapshot-release

If you did recently an update, and defined the bridge/thing via text file, there is a chance that you missed the breaking change: In current snapshot, for yamaha binding the parameter names changed to host (formerly HOST) and zone (formerly ZONE)

ok, maybe this could be the issue, but i didnt defined it by a text file. i configured the things and items in paperui…

hope i dont have to create new items now?

As I have defined all Things via *.things files , I don’t know which steps are needed, but worst case would be, to

  • unlink the items,
  • destroy thing (and bridge?), (that is, delete it in paper UI)
  • autodiscover the device and finally
  • relink the items with the correct channels.
1 Like

I would:

  1. Unlink the items
  2. Delete the things
  3. Uninstall the binding
  4. Stop OH
  5. Clear the cache
  6. Start OH
  7. Install the binding
  8. Discover and install the things
  9. Link the items
1 Like

thanks for your replies!

i am happy that i could avoid to unlink an relink all the items!

i did it this way now:

  • delete the “old” bridge
  • stopped oh2 and cleared the cache
  • reinstalled the bridge
  • updated the settings in the things for main_zone and zone2 in paperui

now its working fine again!

thanks again for your help and information!