Yamahareceiver Binding has issue with Zone 2

All-

Same issue here. Zone 2 worked fine with Openhab 1.8.3, so I suspect it is an issue with the binding.

Many thanks,

-Mark

1 Like

I found something which is not consistent. In the documentation of the binding it says the item should look like this:

Dimmer Yamaha_Volume         "Volume [%.1f %%]"       {channel="yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0de88ee65:MAIN_ZONE:volume"}

But looking into PaperUI for the thing and the related channel this is:

yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0de88a9ca:volume

So without the “MAIN_ZONE:” in between.
But both seem to work for the Main zone.
Maybe here is the issue with the Zone2?
Strange :upside_down:

another strange thing is this warning in the log while accessing Main-Zone Volume:

2017-01-20 14:02:43.641 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/Yamaha_Volume] {bridgemarker=true, item=Yamaha_Volume, command=54} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.souliss, component.name=org.openhab.binding.souliss, component.id=174, service.id=307, service.bundleid=183, service.scope=bundle} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.souliss_1.9.0.b5 [183])]
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.openhab.binding.souliss.internal.SoulissBinding.receiveCommand(SoulissBinding.java:135)[183:org.openhab.binding.souliss:1.9.0.b5]
	at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:42)[186:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.0.0.b5]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415)[6:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.8]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.run(HandlerTask.java:90)[6:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.8]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]

Volume change works for MAIN Zone.
It reports something related to the Souliss binding. Yes this is installed and used, but has nothing to do with the Yamaha rceiver.
Anny Ideas what is going on here?

Similar warning for Zone2, but without reaction:

2017-01-20 14:06:22.347 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/Yamaha2_Volume] {bridgemarker=true, item=Yamaha2_Volume, command=23} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.souliss, component.name=org.openhab.binding.souliss, component.id=174, service.id=307, service.bundleid=183, service.scope=bundle} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.souliss_1.9.0.b5 [183])]
	at org.openhab.binding.souliss.internal.SoulissBinding.receiveCommand(SoulissBinding.java:135)[183:org.openhab.binding.souliss:1.9.0.b5]
	at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:42)[186:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.0.0.b5]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415)[6:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.8]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.run(HandlerTask.java:90)[6:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.0.8]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]

Hey all,

I made some complex changes to the addon to better support zones and additionally added a lot more channels to bind to. E.g.

• for navigation control
  • using presets and
  • play control
    which might help everyone who is using Net Radio or USB inputs. Because of the complex changes the addon needs some tests, which I cannot perform without an actual device. I invite everyone to test the following jar file or a self build yamaha addon file (https://github.com/davidgraeff/openhab2-addons, fixyamaha2 branch).

Please test the following:

• Discovery of the AVR
  • Discovery of different zones (including the Main zone)
  • Power on/off
  • Volume decrease/increase, fixed value, mute
  • Changing the input to Net Radio, USB, Tuner, HDMI x/AV x

This is a debug enabled variant of the addon which (hopefully) writes a yamaha_trace.log to the user directory of OH2. I would appreciate to receive that file after testing if possible.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

thanks for working on the Yamaha binding.
I did a quick check of your new version, and I still see the same behaviour :frowning:

If I change something on Zone 2, it has only effect on the Main zone. Looking to the Event Log, this looks all ok:

2017-01-24 17:20:10.218 [ItemCommandEvent          ] - Item 'Yamaha2_Mute' received command ON
2017-01-24 17:20:10.225 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Yamaha2_Mute changed from OFF to ON

???

I also see in the PaperUI inbox, that still a Zone2zone2 is there

RX-V1071 Zone_2
Yamaha Receiver
yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0de88a9caZone_2Zone_2

If I include this, it finds a …Zone_2Zone_2Zone_2,… and so on.

First test with openHAB 2.0 on Windows 10 with Yamaha RX-V677 failed :-(. The trace file could not be written:
19:24:14.877 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - E:\OPENHA~1.0\userdata\yamaha_trace.log (Zugriff verweigert)

But a directory with the same name was created.

But the real problem is NPE during initialization. Here is the openhab.log file.

openhab.log.xml (4.2 KB)

Exactly the same result on my Raspberry.

I just removed my Yamaha binding completly and added it new.
Now nothing is working any more. I get the following error:

2017-01-25 17:44:59.041 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0de88a9ca' to inbox.
2017-01-25 17:45:30.513 [WARN ] [home.core.thing.binding.ThingFactory] - Could not create channel 'assigned_name' for thing type 'yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0de88a9ca', because channel type 'yamahareceiver:assigned_name' could not be found.
2017-01-25 17:45:30.531 [WARN ] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Protocol sniffing for Yamaha Receiver Addon is enabled. Performance may suffer! Write to C:\OP17B2~1\userdata\yamaha_trace.log
2017-01-25 17:45:30.537 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - C:\OP17B2~1\userdata\yamaha_trace.log (Zugriff verweigert)
2017-01-25 17:45:30.541 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occured while initializing handler of thing 'yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0de88a9ca': java.lang.NullPointerException
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:188)[96:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:81)[96:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:65)[96:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$9.run(ThingManager.java:710)[103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b2]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)[:1.8.0_111]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.internal.protocol.HttpXMLSendReceive.postAndGetResponse(HttpXMLSendReceive.java:186)[194:org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver:2.0.0.ref-alpha2]
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.internal.protocol.HttpXMLSendReceive.postAndGetXmlResponse(HttpXMLSendReceive.java:107)[194:org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver:2.0.0.ref-alpha2]
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.internal.protocol.SystemControl.fetchDeviceInformation(SystemControl.java:42)[194:org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver:2.0.0.ref-alpha2]
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler.createCommunicationObject(YamahaBridgeHandler.java:222)[194:org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver:2.0.0.ref-alpha2]
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler.initialize(YamahaBridgeHandler.java:198)[194:org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver:2.0.0.ref-alpha2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$9$1.call(ThingManager.java:713)[103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$9$1.call(ThingManager.java:1)[103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:179)[96:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b2]
	... 3 more
2017-01-25 17:45:35.868 [WARN ] [io.rest.core.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: yamahareceiver:assigned_name
2017-01-25 17:45:45.228 [WARN ] [io.rest.core.thing.ThingTypeResource] - Cannot find channel type: yamahareceiver:assigned_name

A Yamaha_trace.log FOLDER gets created, but nothin in it.
I am running OH2 on a Windows10 Machine here for testing.

Hi

I love to help with this issue but have no clue on how to change out the current binding for yours?

Regards
Lejonpart

Hi,

I added an emulated test AVR that allowed me to test the addon more seriously and I discovered some malfunctions. I updated the repository and append a new version.

@lejonpart: You need to disable/wipe the current/old version of this addon from your OH2 addons directory (there is “yamahareceiver” in its name) and add the provided jar instead.

Thanks,
David

Hi

Thanks for the help, I have now tested this and it no longer finds endless of zone2. All commands for zone 1 works, and I have only tested power on/off for zone 2 and that works. Is there something special you want me to verify?

Regards
Lejonpart

Could you bind to the play info channels like station, artist,album etc and check if they show some info for net_radio, tuner or USB?

Preset selection needs a test as well if you want to.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I am still struggeling :frowning:

With your new version I don’t get anything to work on the Yamaha.
Trying to access a function always results in log entries like this:

2017-01-28 13:34:15.021 [ERROR] [ceiver.internal.protocol.ZoneControl] - Received volume is out of range: 103.26087
2017-01-28 13:34:15.026 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/Yamaha2_Mute] {bridgemarker=true, item=Yamaha2_Mute, command=ON} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.souliss, component.name=org.openhab.binding.souliss, component.id=176, service.id=313, service.bundleid=184, service.scope=bundle} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.souliss_1.9.0.b5 [184])]
	at org.openhab.binding.souliss.internal.SoulissBinding.receiveCommand(SoulissBinding.java:135)[184:org.openhab.binding.souliss:1.9.0.b5]
	at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:42)[187:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.0.0.b5]

This is what your trace log shows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><System><Config>GetParam</Config></System></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><System><Power_Control>GetParam</Power_Control></System></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><System><Config>GetParam</Config></System></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><System><Power_Control>GetParam</Power_Control></System></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Zone_2><Input><Input_Sel_Item>GetParam</Input_Sel_Item></Input></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Main_Zone><Input><Input_Sel_Item>GetParam</Input_Sel_Item></Input></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Zone_2><Basic_Status>GetParam</Basic_Status></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Main_Zone><Basic_Status>GetParam</Basic_Status></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Main_Zone><Basic_Status>GetParam</Basic_Status></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Zone_2><Basic_Status>GetParam</Basic_Status></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Main_Zone><Power_Control><Power>On</Power></Power_Control></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Zone_2><Volume><Mute>On</Mute></Volume></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV>

Hey @HolgerL,
The errors I can see in your log are coming from the souliss binding. It might be the case that this binding is causing the faulty behavior on their side. The received volume is out of range should only happen with the emulated test yamaha AVR.

I made a fixed version with more trace information. Please upload the yamaha_trace.log as well if possible.

And some more documentation:

Available new channels are:

* preset (Decimal, 1-40)
 * playback (String with states: Play, Pause, Stop)
 * playback_station (string, read only)
 * playback_artist (string, read only)
 * playback_album (string, read only)
 * playback_song (string, read only)

and for navigation for menus:

* navigation_menu (string, select/show menu/directory for NET_RADIO, USB etc)
 * navigation_current_item (Decimal, read only, current item)
 * navigation_total_items (Decimal, read only, items in the current menu)
 * navigation_level (Decimal, read only, the current hierarchy level)
 * navigation_updown (UpDown Type, next or previous menu item)
 * navigation_leftright (UpDown Type, navigate left or right)
 * navigation_select (Make the currently selected menu item the active item)
 * navigation_back (Navigate back)
 * navigation_backtoroot (Navigate to root menu)

Hi David,

I finally got my 2 zones to work basically.
But I am still a bit confused.
I understood your Test Yamha AVR things are simulation only, that maybe the reason why noting worked.
But now I have still 5 Things in the PaperUI:

Z
RX-V1071 Main_Zone ONLINE Yamaha Receiver Zone
yamahareceiver:zone:e49825eb_8d1f_4e7a_8de4_c091850597f5:Main_Zone

Z
RX-V1071 Zone_2 ONLINE Yamaha Receiver Zone
yamahareceiver:zone:e49825eb_8d1f_4e7a_8de4_c091850597f5:Zone_2

Y
Yamaha Receiver AVR OFFLINE Yamaha Receiver
yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:e49825eb_8d1f_4e7a_8de4_c091850597f5

Y
Yamaha Receiver RX-V1071 OFFLINE Yamaha Receiver
yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0de88a9ca

Z
Yamaha Receiver Zone OFFLINE Yamaha Receiver Zone
yamahareceiver:zone:ec2d40d1

The first 2 ones are the working things.
The others ???

And I still have some kind of collision from a Yamaha action to the Souliss binding which I do not understand:

2017-01-29 13:37:36.958 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/Yamaha_Mute] {bridgemarker=true, item=Yamaha_Mute, command=OFF} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.souliss, component.name=org.openhab.binding.souliss, component.id=176, service.id=310, service.bundleid=184, service.scope=bundle} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.souliss_1.9.0.b5 [184])]
	at org.openhab.binding.souliss.internal.SoulissBinding.receiveCommand(SoulissBinding.java:135)[184:org.openhab.binding.souliss:1.9.0.b5]
	at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:42)[187:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.0.0.b5]

The Souliss stuff is flawlessly working.

This is my trace file:

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="0"><System><Config><Model_Name>RX-V1071</Model_Name><System_ID>023028A3</System_ID><Version>1.80/2.01</Version><Feature_Existence><Main_Zone>1</Main_Zone><Zone_2>1</Zone_2><Zone_3>0</Zone_3><Zone_4>0</Zone_4><Tuner>1</Tuner><HD_Radio>0</HD_Radio><SIRIUS>0</SIRIUS><iPod>1</iPod><Bluetooth>1</Bluetooth><UAW>1</UAW><Rhapsody>0</Rhapsody><SIRIUS_IR>0</SIRIUS_IR><Pandora>0</Pandora><Napster>1</Napster><PC>1</PC><NET_RADIO>1</NET_RADIO><USB>1</USB><iPod_USB>1</iPod_USB></Feature_Existence><Name><Input><MULTI_CH>MULTI CH</MULTI_CH><PHONO>PHONO</PHONO><AV_1>Satellite</AV_1><AV_2>AV2</AV_2><AV_3>PC-HDMI</AV_3><AV_4>AV4</AV_4><AV_5>AV5</AV_5><AV_6>AV6</AV_6><AV_7>AV7</AV_7><V_AUX>V-AUX</V_AUX><AUDIO_1>SX-125O</AUDIO_1><AUDIO_2>CD SONY</AUDIO_2><AUDIO_3>AUDIO3</AUDIO_3><AUDIO_4>AUDIO4</AUDIO_4><DOCK>DOCK</DOCK><USB>USB</USB></Input></Name></Config></System></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="2"></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Zone_2><Input><Input_Sel_Item>GetParam</Input_Sel_Item></Input></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Main_Zone><Input><Input_Sel_Item>GetParam</Input_Sel_Item></Input></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="0"><Main_Zone><Input><Input_Sel_Item><Item_1><Param>Napster</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>Napster</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon074.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>Napster</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_1><Item_2><Param>NET RADIO</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>NET RADIO</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon005.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>NET_RADIO</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_2><Item_3><Param>PC</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>PC</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon006.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>PC</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_3><Item_4><Param>iPod</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>DOCK</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon011.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>iPod</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_4><Item_5><Param>Bluetooth</Param><RW>R</RW><Title>DOCK</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon011.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>Bluetooth</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_5><Item_6><Param>UAW</Param><RW>R</RW><Title>DOCK</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon011.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_6><Item_7><Param>USB</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>USB</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon009.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>USB</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_7><Item_8><Param>iPod (USB)</Param><RW>R</RW><Title>USB</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon009.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>iPod_USB</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_8><Item_9><Param>TUNER</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>TUNER</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon008.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>Tuner</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_9><Item_10><Param>AV1</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>Satellite</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon068.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_10><Item_11><Param>AV2</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AV2</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_11><Item_12><Param>AV3</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>PC-HDMI</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_12><Item_13><Param>AV4</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AV4</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_13><Item_14><Param>AV5</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AV5</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_14><Item_15><Param>AV6</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AV6</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_15><Item_16><Param>AV7</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AV7</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_16><Item_17><Param>AUDIO1</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>SX-125O</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_17><Item_18><Param>AUDIO2</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>CD SONY</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_18><Item_19><Param>AUDIO3</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AUDIO3</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_19><Item_20><Param>AUDIO4</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AUDIO4</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_20><Item_21><Param>PHONO</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>PHONO</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon007.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_21><Item_22><Param>V-AUX</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>V-AUX</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon010.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_22><Item_23><Param>MULTI CH</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>MULTI CH</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon012.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_23></Input_Sel_Item></Input></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="0"><Zone_2><Input><Input_Sel_Item><Item_1><Param>Napster</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>Napster</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon074.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>Napster</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_1><Item_2><Param>NET RADIO</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>NET RADIO</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon005.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>NET_RADIO</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_2><Item_3><Param>PC</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>PC</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon006.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>PC</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_3><Item_4><Param>iPod</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>DOCK</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon011.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>iPod</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_4><Item_5><Param>Bluetooth</Param><RW>R</RW><Title>DOCK</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon011.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>Bluetooth</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_5><Item_6><Param>UAW</Param><RW>R</RW><Title>DOCK</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon011.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_6><Item_7><Param>USB</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>USB</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon009.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>USB</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_7><Item_8><Param>iPod (USB)</Param><RW>R</RW><Title>USB</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon009.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>iPod_USB</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_8><Item_9><Param>TUNER</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>TUNER</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon008.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name>Tuner</Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_9><Item_10><Param>AV1</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>Satellite</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon068.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_10><Item_11><Param>AV2</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AV2</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_11><Item_12><Param>AV3</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>PC-HDMI</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_12><Item_13><Param>AV4</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AV4</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon003.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_13><Item_14><Param>AUDIO1</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>SX-125O</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_14><Item_15><Param>AUDIO2</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>CD SONY</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_15><Item_16><Param>AUDIO3</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AUDIO3</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_16><Item_17><Param>AUDIO4</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>AUDIO4</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon002.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_17><Item_18><Param>PHONO</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>PHONO</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon007.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_18><Item_19><Param>V-AUX</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>V-AUX</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon010.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Item_19></Input_Sel_Item></Input></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="0"><Main_Zone><Basic_Status><Power_Control><Power>On</Power><Sleep>Off</Sleep></Power_Control><Volume><Lvl><Val>-450</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl><Mute>Off</Mute></Volume><Input><Input_Sel>AV1</Input_Sel><Input_Sel_Item_Info><Param>AV1</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>Satellite</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon068.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Input_Sel_Item_Info></Input><Surround><Program_Sel><Current><Straight>Off</Straight><Enhancer>Off</Enhancer><Sound_Program>2ch Stereo</Sound_Program></Current></Program_Sel><_3D_Cinema_DSP>Auto</_3D_Cinema_DSP><Dialogue_Lift>0</Dialogue_Lift></Surround><Party_Info>Off</Party_Info><Pure_Direct><Mode>Off</Mode></Pure_Direct><Sound_Video><Tone><Bass><Val>0</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Bass><Treble><Val>0</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Treble></Tone><Adaptive_DRC>Off</Adaptive_DRC></Sound_Video></Basic_Status></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="0"><Zone_2><Basic_Status><Power_Control><Power>On</Power><Sleep>Off</Sleep></Power_Control><Volume><Lvl><Val>-260</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl><Mute>Off</Mute><Output>Variable</Output></Volume><Input><Input_Sel>AV1</Input_Sel><Input_Sel_Item_Info><Param>AV1</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>Satellite</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon068.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Input_Sel_Item_Info></Input><Party_Info>Off</Party_Info><Pure_Direct><Mode>Off</Mode></Pure_Direct><Sound_Video><Tone><Bass><Val>0</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Bass><Treble><Val>0</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Treble></Tone></Sound_Video></Basic_Status></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Main_Zone><Volume><Mute>Off</Mute></Volume></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="0"><Main_Zone><Basic_Status><Power_Control><Power>On</Power><Sleep>Off</Sleep></Power_Control><Volume><Lvl><Val>-450</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl><Mute>Off</Mute></Volume><Input><Input_Sel>AV1</Input_Sel><Input_Sel_Item_Info><Param>AV1</Param><RW>RW</RW><Title>Satellite</Title><Icon><On>/YamahaRemoteControl/Icons/icon068.png</On><Off></Off></Icon><Src_Name></Src_Name><Src_Number>1</Src_Number></Input_Sel_Item_Info></Input><Surround><Program_Sel><Current><Straight>Off</Straight><Enhancer>Off</Enhancer><Sound_Program>2ch Stereo</Sound_Program></Current></Program_Sel><_3D_Cinema_DSP>Auto</_3D_Cinema_DSP><Dialogue_Lift>0</Dialogue_Lift></Surround><Party_Info>Off</Party_Info><Pure_Direct><Mode>Off</Mode></Pure_Direct><Sound_Video><Tone><Bass><Val>0</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Bass><Treble><Val>0</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Treble></Tone><Adaptive_DRC>Off</Adaptive_DRC></Sound_Video></Basic_Status></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Main_Zone><Volume><Mute>Off</Mute></Volume></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>
---------
I can't put it here completely

Hey @HolgerL,

the test devices are not part of the final release and will be gone by then. You can just remove them from within the PaperUI. They indeed have no interaction with the real devices.

What looks strange is that your RX-V1071 Thing, which acts as the bridge device with channels that are independent of any zone, seems to be offline, while the different zones Main_Zone, Zone_2 are marked as online.

I have no idea what went wrong with the Souliss binding, it’s a fault on their side I think. I have unfortunately no time to analyse their code, but it may help to open a bug report. No matter what they receive as an event, they should never produce a “NullPointerException”.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

First thank you and all the developers for creating this excellent piece of software! I very much prefer it over some of the commercial products I’ve tried.

I think I’m seeing somewhat similar behavior to @HolgerL when using the alpha4 version of the binding. In my case the following happens:

• A thing for “Yamaha Receiver RX-V673” appears in my inbox (using paper UI)
  • I add the thing and a second device appears in my inbox called “Yamaha Receiver AVR Test” which I ignore.

The “Yamaha Receiver RX-V673” thing is marked as follows…

“Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR http://192.168.XXX.XXX:8080/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl” (I’ve marked out details of my AVR’s IP)

Only Channels for “Power” “Firmware Version” and “Name” are available. Curiously port 8080 is listed in the above address, if I remove the port things start working.

• I delete the port 8080 in the above thing configuration from within PaperUI and several events occur
    The status for the “Yamaha Receiver RX-V673” changes to:

Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Could not handle response. Expected a child node!
A thing for “RX-V673 Zone_2” appears in my Inbox (~20 channels)
A thing for “RX-V673 Main_Zone” appears in my Inbox (~20 channels)

I add the above things and now I can talk to my AVR however there are some issues. If I check the log I see the following:

2017-02-19 17:19:54.237 [WARN ] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Protocol sniffing for Yamaha Receiver Addon is enabled. Performance may suffer! Write to /var/lib/openhab2/yamaha_trace.log
2017-02-19 17:19:55.122 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:e49825eb_8d1f_4e7a_8de4_c091850597f5' to inbox.
2017-02-19 17:30:12.021 [WARN ] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Protocol sniffing for Yamaha Receiver Addon is enabled. Performance may suffer! Write to /var/lib/openhab2/yamaha_trace.log
2017-02-19 17:30:12.157 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'yamahareceiver:zone:5f9ec1b3_ed59_1900_4530_00a0de94aa1a:Main_Zone' to inbox.
2017-02-19 17:30:12.174 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'yamahareceiver:zone:5f9ec1b3_ed59_1900_4530_00a0de94aa1a:Zone_2' to inbox.
2017-02-19 17:34:00.264 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:34:07.475 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:36:06.426 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel volume not supported!
2017-02-19 17:36:06.665 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:37:39.522 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel volume not supported!
2017-02-19 17:37:39.761 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:38:00.409 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel volume not supported!
2017-02-19 17:38:00.647 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:38:00.926 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel volume not supported!
2017-02-19 17:38:01.180 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:38:01.574 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel volume not supported!
2017-02-19 17:38:01.810 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:38:06.134 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel volume not supported!
2017-02-19 17:38:06.375 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:38:12.807 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:38:12.808 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel mute not supported!
2017-02-19 17:38:13.969 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-19 17:38:13.971 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel mute not supported!

As you can see I’ve tried changing the volume and muting and I’ve generated errors. The good news is that changing the volume and mute work. Most of the basic functions I’ve tried to date do work (power, volume, Surround Mode, Input, Zone2 power). I can change the input on zone 1; however, it does not update within the UI.

here are the contents of my yamaha_trace.log

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="0"><System><Config><Model_Name>RX-V673</Model_Name><System_ID>0E006813</System_ID><Version>1.96/2.06</Version><Feature_Existence><Main_Zone>1</Main_Zone><Zone_2>1</Zone_2><Zone_3>0</Zone_3><Zone_4>0</Zone_4><Tuner>1</Tuner><HD_Radio>0</HD_Radio><Rhapsody>1</Rhapsody><Napster>0</Napster><SiriusXM>1</SiriusXM><Pandora>1</Pandora><SERVER>1</SERVER><NET_RADIO>1</NET_RADIO><USB>1</USB><iPod_USB>1</iPod_USB><AirPlay>1</AirPlay></Feature_Existence><Name><Input><HDMI_1>HDMI1</HDMI_1><HDMI_2>HDMI2</HDMI_2><HDMI_3>HDMI3</HDMI_3><HDMI_4>HDMI4</HDMI_4><HDMI_5>HDMI5</HDMI_5><AV_1>AV1</AV_1><AV_2>AV2</AV_2><AV_3>AV3</AV_3><AV_4>AV4</AV_4><AV_5>AV5</AV_5><AV_6>AV6</AV_6><V_AUX>V-AUX</V_AUX><AUDIO_1>AUDIO1</AUDIO_1><AUDIO_2>AUDIO2</AUDIO_2><USB>USB</USB></Input></Name></Config></System></YAMAHA_AV>^M

<YAMAHA_AV rsp="GET" RC="2"></YAMAHA_AV>^M

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><YAMAHA_AV cmd="GET"><Main_Zone><Input><Input_Sel_Item>GetParam</Input_Sel_Item></Input></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

Thanks again for your hard work and I hope this is helpful. I’ll be happy to test any updates to the binding when they become available.

-m

Alpha4 is not the latest version :slight_smile: please have a look at the pull request on github, the latest version is provided as a jar in the comments. The port issue and several other issues have been fixed.

Cheers David

Hah! Just downloaded the latest version I think (beta 4) and will begin testing later today. I’ll let you know how it goes.

-m

Ok, on the Beta4 version. The binding creates a parent device and once I accept the parent, I get 2 child devices, one for my main zone and the second for zone 2. I’m assuming that’s normal behavior. I am still having a problem when specifying the receiver input.

I can change the input and the receiver will change to the correct input, but when I check the log I see the following error. I think this error is also causing the input not to be displayed in the UI.

2017-02-20 08:43:40.940 [ERROR] [eiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler] - Expected inputID. Failed to read Input/Input_Sel_Item_Info/Src_Name
2017-02-20 08:43:40.941 [ERROR] [receiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler] - Channel input not supported!

Also, the first line of the above error is repeated in the the log every minute.

If I reload openhab2 by issuing the “service openhab2 restart” from the OS the parent Thing never gets beyond

and the two children Things (Main and Zone2) show

and I have no communication with my receiver.

I’ve deleted all three things and re-added them, and I get the exact same behavior.

Any thought on what could be going wrong (hopefully I have the latest version :slight_smile:)

-m

Are there errors in the log while the root device is stuck in the initializing? That shouldn’t happen. You may need to adjust the log level to debug to see all messages.

The inputid thing is known and going to be fixed in a next release. It puts the zones offline but control still worked for other testers.

Thanks for your testing.

Cheers David