Yeelight: new stripe model

I am using several Yeelight devices for many months now. Now, integrating a new Yeelight stripe failed.
After some investigation I found, that they obviously upgraded the stripe to some extent. The new stripe type says “strip6” as the model instead of “stripe”, what the old model was.

Switching on debug logs for the yeelight binding resulted in this:

2021-03-11 00:00:00.178 [DEBUG] [.internal.lib.services.DeviceManager] - DeviceManager: got message: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: max-age=3600
Date: 
Ext: 
Server: POSIX UPnP/1.0 YGLC/1
id: 0x00000000xxxxxxxx
model: strip6
fw_ver: 13
support: get_prop set_default set_power toggle set_bright set_scene cron_add cron_get cron_del start_cf stop_cf set_name set_adjust adjust_bright set_ct_abx adjust_ct adjust_color set_rgb set_hsv set_music udp_new udp_keep_alive chroma
power: on
bright: 100
color_mode: 1
ct: 4000
rgb: 3970303
hue: 213
sat: 76
name: 

2021-03-11 00:00:00.188 [DEBUG] [.internal.lib.services.DeviceManager] - DeviceManager: got bulbInfo: {Ext=, Server=POSIX UPnP/1.0 YGLC/1, color_mode=1, sat=76, bright=100, rgb=3970303, Date=, ct=4000, Cache-Control=max-age=3600, name=, hue=213, model=strip6, id=0x00000000xxxxxxxx, power=on, fw_ver=13, support=get_prop set_default set_power toggle set_bright set_scene cron_add cron_get cron_del start_cf stop_cf set_name set_adjust adjust_bright set_ct_abx adjust_ct adjust_color set_rgb set_hsv set_music udp_new udp_keep_alive chroma, Location=yeelight://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:55443}

2021-03-11 00:00:00.207 [DEBUG] [.internal.lib.services.DeviceManager] - Error getting ip addresses: No enum constant org.openhab.binding.yeelight.internal.lib.enums.DeviceType.strip6

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.openhab.binding.yeelight.internal.lib.enums.DeviceType.strip6

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:238) ~[?:1.8.0_222]

Seems like strip6 id not found in the device model enum.

Any idea besides updating the code?

jimSelf - unfortunately there is no other way around this problem, only code change. I have made the changes locally in my environment as I got the same led strip, but unfortunately it does not work :frowning: as I would expect i.e. comparing to other Yeelight lamps I have at home. What I mean by this is that it will not work in your local environment if you block this strip access to Internet, what I am doing to prevent connections to their cloud for obvious reasons. After it’s blocked from Internet it goes offline and can’t be discovered any longer as it’s changes it’s IP address to some undefined, so the restart is required. In general my recommendation would be for you actually to drop this LED and find something better i.e. Athom LED controller which you can get pre-flashed with Tasmota.

Have you tried Xiaomi miio binding.
I think this strip is supported

1 Like

Thanks, @marcel_verpaalen!
After finally finding an easy way to get the token (https://github.com/Maxmudjon/Get_MiHome_devices_token/releases, I was able to use the strip with the Xiaomi miio binding!

Do you know, if there is a way to send a command to the Yeelight strip, like in the OH Yeelight binding? That is very useful to start color animations with Yeelights…

@jimSelf did the same not work for you in openHab? (I mean entering your Xiaomi userId/pass in the config page to get the token during discovery)
yes, you can send commands. The channel for that is marked advanced, hence in the list of channels you need to click “Show Advanced”… if in doubt, I think the binding readme has screenshot. There are also some posts on the forum about sending the commands for yeeligh light animation

No, I couldn’t find the token in the Paper UI during discovery, even though userId/password have been entered. Maybe I didn’t check all details…

I found the actions#commands channels under “Show more”. Thanks a lot! Guess, I can then move all my YeeLights to the Miio binding :wink:

Thanks for update and quick reply. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. I am looking for the same information.

myindigocard

Update: I moved all my Yeelights form the Yeelight binding to the Miio binding; quite easy. I have to say, the Miio binding is much more reliable. In the Yeelight binding, I always lost the connection after some time. With Miio, it always works like a charm.

Thanks again, @marcel_verpaalen!

1 Like

If you are still interested, I added support for strip6 (Openhab 4.0) feel free to test JFrog