- Platform information: Raspberry Pi 3 B+
- Hardware: Z-Stick Gen 5
- OS: openhabianpi-raspbian-201804031720-gitdba76f6-crc9e93c3eb
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: Unable co connect a Schlage Connect to Z-Stick
Hello all. I’m new to OpenHAB and decided to start off with two of the tougher devices it seams. Ecobee 4 and Schlage Locks. Ecobee is mostly working but I can’t seem to get past go on the Schlage.
I am unable to get a Schlage Connect Z-Wave Lock to successfully pair with a Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. I have used the following procedures with distance measuring in inches between the devices.:
- Factory reset Z-Stick Gen5
- Pressed Z-Stick button until flashing yellow (unpair)
- Typed in master code followed by zero on the Schlage (received green check-mark)
- Tapped Z-Stick button until flashing blue (Pair)
- Typed in master code followed by zero on the Schlage
I receive different results at this point. Most of the time, I receive no further notifications. Sometimes, the Z-Stick will blink blue rapidly for a brief second then go back to slow flashing blue (like its trying to talk but only briefly) then both devices time out. Only a couple time at this point have I received a red check-mark on the lock.
I did install the latest binding using paper-ui and plugged in the zstick to setup the COM port, but I’m doing all the pairings with the z-stick removed from the Pi. Should I be doing this in Openhab? Is there a different pairing procedure for security devices? I seem to read lots of conflicting information when googling issues with Openhab and Schlage.