Z-Wave 1.9 and CENTRAL_SCENE

Hi,

Does anyone know if the CENTRAL_SCENE support is in 1.9 or was it just in 2.0?

Cheers

It’s included in 1.9.

Cheers Chris,

Wanted a ZRC-90 for a while so been waiting for this :wink:

Gonna have to update to OpenHab 2.0 one of these days though :wink:

Hi Chris,

One final question, does the 1.9 version support the key press stuff and is the binding done in the same way?

scene.key ?

Now you’re asking the tough questions. I think the answer is yes, and no… I think it supports the keypress, but it’s done differently. In OH2 I put the keypress as a ‘decimal’ where the implementation on OH1 (from memory) was to multiply by 10 or something, and then put the key… I would suggest to set up an item and a sitemap so you can see what values are being set with the different key/presses…

If you get stuck let me know and I can look through the code.

So just as an example if the scene was 4 and the key was 1 it would be 401?

Yes - something like that. It might be 41 - I forget - but that’s the principal anyway…

Cheers Chris, you are a legend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I would be really great full if you could please add an example how an item could look like.
I have bought a fibaro “The button” that also uses Central_scene and i have a hard time to understand how to use it. I would like to for example trigger rules and toggle a switch but i don’t know how to do it.

/Fredrik

See the link below for a rule -:

The item configuration should simply include command=CENTRAL_SCENE

Thanks… looks like the example i need… i will look into it…

Hi

I have tried it now and it almost worked, thanks but the problem is that i always get the value 1 from the item, its like the Number item does not get the decimal number only integer. The effect is that no matter what i press i get 1 as the result and triggers the “1x log”.

I copied your rule in the example to try it out and the item looks like this:
Number SchTest “Mushroom” (Control_Items) {zwave=“14:command=CENTRAL_SCENE”}

Do i need to do anything else have i made any mistake?

I too have the exact same problem.
It seems to be impossible to read out the number of presses, I run the latest 1.9 build of z-wave binding. The thing is that I think that both me and the others who seem to have the same problem seems to run openhab 1.8.3.
My item looks like this:
Number SchTest “Mushroom” {zwave=“22:command=CENTRAL_SCENE” }
I try running the same rule you recommended an other user:
rule "Mushroom Pushing"
when
Item SchTest received update
then
if (SchTest.state == 1.0) {
logInfo(“Test”, “Mushroom 1x pushed”)
}
if (SchTest.state == 1.1) {
logInfo(“Test”, “Mushroom leave alone”)
}
if (SchTest.state == 1.2) {
logInfo(“Test”, “Mushroom kept in”)
}
if (SchTest.state == 1.3) {
logInfo(“Test”, “Mushroom 2x pushed”)
}
if (SchTest.state == 1.4) {
logInfo(“Test”, “Mushroom 3x pushed”)
}
if (SchTest.state == 1.5) {
logInfo(“Test”, “Mushroom 4x pushed”)
}
if (SchTest.state == 1.6) {
logInfo(“Test”, “Mushroom 5x pushed”)
}
end

Am I doing something wrong? Or will it not work with openhab 1.x?

Forgot to write that I always get 1 and come to “Mushroom 1x pushed”, but when I look in the logs when not having a correct item defined I can see that the key sent varies see part of log below:

2016-12-30 18:46:32.644 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 22: No item bound for event, endpoint = 0, command class = CENTRAL_SCENE, value = {key=131, scene=1}, ignoring.
2016-12-30 18:46:43.894 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 22: No item bound for event, endpoint = 0, command class = CENTRAL_SCENE, value = {key=132, scene=1}, ignoring.
2016-12-30 18:46:52.119 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 22: No item bound for event, endpoint = 0, command class = CENTRAL_SCENE, value = {key=132, scene=1}, ignoring.
2016-12-30 18:46:58.033 [WARN ] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 22: No item bound for event, endpoint = 0, command class = CENTRAL_SCENE, value = {key=133, scene=1}, ignoring.

I have the exact same problem, did you ever solve it?
I guess upgrading to openhab 2 would work, but thats not an option for me…

Sincerely Johan

No I don’t have any solution. I think it’s a must to upgrade to openhab 2 soon, I got into trubbel with some other fibaro device also and to me it looks like it’s only going to be solved in 2.0.
The upgrade is going to take time but after I think things will get better.

Hello there,
I had the same issue with my Fibaro Button (not able to properly capture numbers of clicks) under openHAB 1.8.
I solved it using following trick: https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/pull/4431 (thanks @savageautomate).

My items file looks as this:

/* Fibaro Button */
Number		fibaro_button_scene     		"Fibaro Button Scene"				{zwave="7:command=central_scene"}
Number		fibaro_button_scene_1     		"Fibaro Button Scene 1x"			{zwave="7:command=central_scene,scene=1,key=128"}
Number		fibaro_button_scene_released    "Fibaro Button Scene Released"		{zwave="7:command=central_scene,scene=1,key=129"}
Number		fibaro_button_scene_hold     	"Fibaro Button Scene Hold"			{zwave="7:command=central_scene,scene=1,key=130"}
Number		fibaro_button_scene_2     		"Fibaro Button Scene 2x"			{zwave="7:command=central_scene,scene=1,key=131"}
Number		fibaro_button_battery   		"Fibaro Button Battery" <battery>	{zwave="7:command=battery"}

Hope it helps.
Bye