Z-wave Abus Multisensor SHBW10000 Motion Sensor seems to doesn't work

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberrypi PI2 B, with Aoetech Gen5 z-wave stick.
    • Java Runtime Environment: zulu8
    • openHAB version: 2.5
  • Issue of the topic:
    I could successfully configuring and geting values from 3 of 4 senors of Abus Multisensor SHBW10000. Only the motion PIR sensor doesn’t show any reaction on motion. The association group is “Controller”, the Door-Item is set with channel type “alarm_buglar” (also i tried Motion-Item). Sensitivity was leaved at default 10. Setting 14 and 15 is default, too.
    I also create a testrule with an item trigger:
    rule “test1”
    when
    Item ZWaveNode002SHBW10000PIRMultisensor_AlarmBurglar received update
    then
    if ( ZWaveNode002SHBW10000PIRMultisensor_AlarmBurglar.state == ON ) {
    ZWaveNode003TZ68WallPlug_Switch.sendCommand(“ON”)
    } else {
    ZWaveNode003TZ68WallPlug_Switch.sendCommand(“OFF”)
    }
    end
    No reaction at all.
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
    I’ve enabled TRACE log level for zwave-bindung class. It seems that the channel was correct initialized.
    Here is the log:
05:31:37.521 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - lastTransaction null
05:31:37.527 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 2: Application Command Request (ALIVE:DYNAMIC_VALUES)
05:31:37.532 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 2: Incoming command class COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, endpoint 0
05:31:37.538 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 2: SECURITY NOT required on COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
05:31:37.542 [DEBUG] [otocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 2: Received COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL V5 SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_REPORT
05:31:37.549 [DEBUG] [ass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass] - NODE 2: Sensor Type = RelativeHumidity(5), Scale = 0
05:31:37.553 [DEBUG] [ass.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorCommandClass] - NODE 2: Sensor Value = 5E+1
05:31:37.558 [TRACE] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Notifying event listeners: ZWaveMultiLevelSensorValueEvent
05:31:37.563 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveMultiLevelSensorValueEvent
05:31:37.568 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint=0, command class=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, value=5E+1
05:31:37.575 [TRACE] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Checking channel=zwave:device:c8a57e4f:node2:sensor_binary, cmdClass=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, endpoint=0
05:31:37.583 [TRACE] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Checking channel=zwave:device:c8a57e4f:node2:sensor_luminance, cmdClass=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, endpoint=0
05:31:37.588 [TRACE] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Checking channel=zwave:device:c8a57e4f:node2:sensor_relhumidity, cmdClass=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, endpoint=0
05:31:37.595 [DEBUG] [verter.ZWaveMultiLevelSensorConverter] - NODE 2: Sensor conversion not performed for RELATIVE_HUMIDITY.
05:31:37.602 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Updating channel state zwave:device:c8a57e4f:node2:sensor_relhumidity to 50 [DecimalType]
05:31:37.608 [TRACE] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Checking channel=zwave:device:c8a57e4f:node2:sensor_temperature, cmdClass=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, endpoint=0
05:31:37.616 [TRACE] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Checking channel=zwave:device:c8a57e4f:node2:alarm_burglar, cmdClass=COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM, endpoint=0
05:31:37.620 [TRACE] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Checking channel=zwave:device:c8a57e4f:node2:battery-level, cmdClass=COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, endpoint=0
05:31:37.624 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 2: Commands processed 1.
05:31:37.629 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 2: Checking command org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveCommandClassPayload@4af653.
05:31:37.633 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction completed - outstandingTransactions 0
05:31:37.637 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction completed - outstandingTransactions 0
05:31:37.642 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - ZWaveReceiveThread queue empty
05:31:37.645 [DEBUG] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage 0 out at start. Holdoff false.
05:31:37.649 [TRACE] [ing.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 2: listening == false, frequentlyListening == false, awake == false
05:31:37.653 [TRACE] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 2: Node not awake!
05:31:37.657 [TRACE] [rnal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage nothing

Any ideas are very welcome. The sensor was already changed. Thank you!
Peter

The log here doesn’t show any motion sensor report. If the device is not sending reports, then there’s not much the binding, or openHAB in general, can do.

The fact that it seems to be sending a HUMIDITY report probably means the lifeline is configured, although from this log it is difficult to confirm if this was sent as a result of a poll, or unsolicited.

I would suggest to check the device configuration to ensure the lifeline association is set (it should be done automatically if this is a ZWave+ device) and also check other configuration parameters to ensure there is nothing else that can disable the sending of these events.

Please don’t make it even more complicated with a wrong rule definition:

ZWaveNode003TZ68WallPlug_Switch.sendCommand(“ON”)

You can’t send a string to a switch itemtype.

As already discussed (but never answered) in the German forum: did you try the sensor_binary channel with a switch itemtype?

Channel Name Channel ID Channel Type Category Item Type
Binary Sensor sensor_binary sensor_binary Switch
Sensor (luminance) sensor_luminance sensor_luminance Number
Sensor (relative humidity) sensor_relhumidity sensor_relhumidity Humidity Number
Sensor (temperature) sensor_temperature sensor_temperature Temperature Number:Temperature
Alarm (burglar) alarm_burglar alarm_burglar Door Switch
Battery Level battery-level system.battery_level Battery Number

If you are providing zwave logs, please don’t filter and don’t use TRACE, use DEBUG.
Then trigger the sensor and post your log.

2 Likes

I’ve completelly reinstalled the Raspberry and openHAB. Once again I could successfull include Abus Multisensor. I’ve set parameter 13 (“Waiting time between two PIR triggers”) to 10 (seconds).

On motion and after 10 seconds the item always raised the event “alarm_buglar” update to OFF.
For the moment I’m satisfied about that, because I can trigger a command with that.

Regarding https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zwave/thing.html?manufacturer=abus&file=shbw10000_0_0.html
the alarm_buglar has two states ON=>Alarm; OFF=>OK. The ON state won’t never raised, it will always become OFF on motion.
I found this thread about this behavior:
https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/issues/1002
Is there a correlation between this? Is here an update of your z-wave device DB needed.

And many thanks for your effort!
Peter

There was a wrong channel maintained in z-wave DB. Instead of “alarm_burglar” it should be “alarm_motion”. @Chris kindly has updated the database and provided a new binding. After “apt-get update && apt-get upgrade” and removing/adding thing the motion detection is perfectly working now.
Thank you for you help!

1 Like

Hello,

sorry for resurrecting this issue, but since my problem is directly related I post it here. I have followed the recommendation to update and indeed the channels are there and it almost looks good.

Problem: I cannot change the PIR sensitivity or some other configuration parameters. It’s not an input field for values but a dropdown that says “Dsiabled” and has no other options.

Did you have the same problem and any idea how to solve that? Same is for the time for temperature reports, etc. Only luminance report time is an input field.

Thanks for any help with this issue. I already removed and re-added the sensor from/to the Z-Wave stick, deleted the .xml file, etc. but no help. :frowning:

These were fixed after the 3.3 release. Either upgrade to OH3.4 Milestone 1 (testing) or get the latest zwave snapshot binding from here. Remember to remove the UI zwave binding before dropping the zwave snapshot in the addons folder. Feature:install openhab-transport-serial from the console might be necessary too.

1 Like

I will try this. Thanks for your help. That machine is on the latest 2.5, so I might first need to upgrade it to 3.3 as it seems.

Full disclosure: I assumed that you had upgraded to OH3.3. There were changes in the OH core that required changes in the zwave DB that caused problems similar to what you described. However, on 2.5 I’m not so sure as that version is over 1.5 years old. Anyway upgrade to 3.4 Milestone 1 is still a good idea to get the latest zwave DB configuration for your device. If you still have problems, it will be a lot easier to fix and the UI is better.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m struggling a lot to get all my stuff up to OH3 and I assume it no earlier than end of year but thanks anyhow.