I’ve got a garage Controller ZW062 installed. This item has an additional sensor to validate, if the garage door is opened or closed.
The sensor is working correctly, but the funcionality of opening and closing the garage door with the garage door item is not working.
What I did so far:
Tested the funcionality manualy with the build-in button on the device: garage door opens and closes correctly.
Thought about range problems: installed an Aeon range extender
Thought about problems with the Z-stick: bought and installed new Aeon Z-Stick
Thought about problems with other devices in parallel: reset everything and just installed controller and garage door controller
I upgraded OH2 to the latest binding ( openHAB 2.1.0~20170418120255-1 (Build #887))
But nothing seems to help. When I look into the Z-wave debug, the device is correctly installed, but when I activate the function to open the garage door through openhab I see the requests together with the note: no response from device.
2017-04-22 09:54:49.302 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Command received zwave:device:37a79ca2:node2:switch_binary --> ON
2017-04-22 09:54:49.304 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: No messages returned from converter
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2017-04-22 09:54:49.306 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item 'Garagentorswitch' received command ON
I set DEBUG mode for z-wave and attached a zipped openhab-zip.xml (93.5 KB)
logfile including all information after a fresh reboot
I’m really not sure, how this could be fixed.
Any help is appreciated.
But what I find suspicious are the sitemap errors in your log:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The sources EClass 'Sitemap' does not expose the feature 'Widget.LabelColor'
2017-04-22 09:52:20.260 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Validation issues found in configuration model 'aw.sitemap', using it anyway:
2017-04-22 09:52:20.271 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'aw.sitemap'
2017-04-22 09:54:41.015 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
2017-04-22 09:54:41.019 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
I would create a simple test.sitemap and put just that garage door switch on there and see what happens …
sorry to say, but it is still not working.
I already upgraded to Openhab 2.2, but that did not have any effect on the behaviour.
Maybe I find some time around christmas to investigate further here.
I think, you Point in the right direction. I enabled Security on the ZWAVE Stick for all devices, but when I look into HABMin, Security Shows a question mark. I look into the XML file of the node and Security is “FALSE” there. Do you have a hint how to get this enabled?
Download the newest version from posted link above.
Removed all ZWAVE items with paper UI
Removed the ZWAVE plugin binding with paper UI
Copied the downloaded plugin to ADDONs folder
Recreated all ZWAVE things
Attached items to links with paper UI
2017-12-25 13:41:35.518 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Garagentorswitch' received command ON
==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2017-12-25 13:41:35.559 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Command received zwave:device:180e6537:node2:switch_binary --> ON
2017-12-25 13:41:35.575 [DEBUG] [converter.ZWaveBinarySwitchConverter] - NODE 2: Command class class COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY for endpoint 0 not found
2017-12-25 13:41:35.591 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: No messages returned from converter
It seems that I face the problems as you with the Garage controller. Although I activated the latest zwave binding Snapshot 2.3, the communcation still throws errors. Same as you pointed out, xml file has been created but without security. I removed the thing several times with habmin and re-discover it, nothing changed in behaviour. Fibaro and other actors works fine on my raspi , but aeon might be a bit more dhallenging.
Hope, someone could provide some additional ideas, thx
meanwhile I get it up and running:
I’ve changed some parameters for the z-wave serial controller as follows - not sure , if that fix the problem during habmin inclusion mode
Inclusion Mode Timeout = 100
Inclusion Mode = High Power Inclusion
after deleting the wrong recognized thing - I restarted the inclusion in habmin and on the garage controller and after some extensive handshakes between serial and garage controller it was idetified and included in the right way.
Happy to say that the garage controller now works as expected.