Z-Wave All devices 'Unknown Device'

Hi, I’m trying to add my Z-wave devices to OH2. This worked fine in a previous OH2 setup but now I’m having some trouble. Adding the Aeotec Z-Stick S2 works fine but then all devices show up as ‘Unknown Device’ in the Inbox. All devices are in the database.

OH2 runtime is latest nightly build (March 4th), Z-wave bundle is

Z-wave logs and xml (node 10 and 11 are both Everspring AN157 Switches):

zwave.log.zip.xml (184.1 KB)
node10.xml (3.8 KB)
node11.xml (3.8 KB)


Is there a specific reason why you are using the nightly runtime and an “old” zwave binding?

Not really, but tried again with version of the binding, seems to make no difference.

zwave. (113.1 KB)

It looks from the log like it’s being found ok -:

2017-03-05 12:22:50.735 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 13: Device discovery resolved to thingType zwave:everspring_an158_00_000

What is the problem you’re seeing? Have you tried restarting the binding after discovery?

When I feed your log to the zwave log viewer it does not show too bad:

nodes 1, 7, 10, 11, 13, 18 are okay
nodes 14, 15, 17 and 19 are marked as failed,

so you should be able to use the first mentioned nodes without any problems.

I don’t know what is going on here, sorry.

I have read somewhere that the Aeotec S2 sometimes does not work as expected, you may find some more hints via search button.

Good luck.

Ok, restarted the binding, added the things from inbox and it all seems to work again…

I was getting this error yesterday when sending a command:

2017-03-04 14:56:49.488 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 11: Command for unknown channel zwave:device:3ab28205:node11:switch_binary with OnOffType

Weird, but everything seems okay again, thanks :slight_smile:

hello guys,

I had kind of the same issue with a door sensor and same stick all zwave.

I restarted Openhab
open the Log viewer and follow the evolution of the logs -
once your node (my sensor in my case) is being initialized and then comes the log called “node has been updated” then do the wake up process of the device (for me pushing and holding the button during 6 sec) as many times as needed (4 times were ok for me and I could see in the dashboard that the node is finally recognized

I guess that doing the wake up process of the node when it is being initialized is key

maybe I got lucky but wanted to share my experience with you guys :slight_smile: