Z-wave-binding and unknown devices

I tried to migrate from z-way-binding to z-wave-binding. All devices are detected, but most of my devices are unknown. Is there a chance to generate channels for unknown devices?

No - the devices need to be detected and identified in the database. We have around 950 devices in the database - I suspect most of your devices will be there, so possibly they are not completely initialised. If they are battery devices, then make sure to wake them up so they can be fully detected.

If the device information is known, then maybe they are missing from the database, but without more information it’s hard to know this. If you post the properties for the missing devices, we can understand this better.

There are two door contacts

vendor Shenzhen Heiman Technology Co., Ltd
zddxmlfile 969-0260-0168-0168-06-04-05-01-25.xml

with Basic SensorBinary AssociationGroupInformation DeviceResetLocally ZWavePlusInfo Alarm ManufacturerSpecific PowerLevel Battery Wakeup Association Version

and a wall switch with

<ZWaveDevice xmlns="http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/xml-schemata/z-wave" schemaVersion="2">

<descriptorVersion>1</descriptorVersion>

<deviceData>

<manufacturerId value="0115"/>

<productType value="0100"/>

<productId value="0101"/>

<libType value="03"/>

<protoVersion value="03"/>

<protoSubVersion value="5c"/>

<appVersion value="01"/>

<appSubVersion value="01"/>

<basicClass value="04"/>

<genericClass value="18"/>

<specificClass value="01"/>

<optional value="true"/>

<listening value="false"/>

<routing value="true"/>

<beamSensor>0</beamSensor>

</deviceData>

<deviceDescription>

<description>

<lang xml:lang="en"/>

</description>

<wakeupNote>

</wakeupNote>

<inclusionNote>

</inclusionNote>

<productName/>

<brandName/>

<productVersion>1.1</productVersion>

</deviceDescription>

<commandClasses>

<commandClass id="0020" version="1" supported="true" controlled="true" secure="false" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="002d" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0059" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="005a" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="005b" version="1" supported="true" controlled="true" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="005e" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0070" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0072" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0073" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0080" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0084" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0085" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0086" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="008e" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="008f" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0026" version="1" supported="false" controlled="true" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0027" version="1" supported="false" controlled="true" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="002b" version="1" supported="false" controlled="true" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0060" version="1" supported="false" controlled="true" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

</commandClasses>

<assocGroups/>

</ZWaveDevice>

an Aeotec siren with

<ZWaveDevice xmlns="http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/xml-schemata/z-wave" schemaVersion="2">

<descriptorVersion>1</descriptorVersion>

<deviceData>

<manufacturerId value="0086"/>

<productType value="0004"/>

<productId value="0050"/>

<libType value="03"/>

<protoVersion value="03"/>

<protoSubVersion value="5c"/>

<appVersion value="03"/>

<appSubVersion value="19"/>

<basicClass value="04"/>

<genericClass value="10"/>

<specificClass value="05"/>

<optional value="true"/>

<listening value="true"/>

<routing value="true"/>

<beamSensor>0</beamSensor>

</deviceData>

<deviceDescription>

<description>

</description>

<wakeupNote>

</wakeupNote>

<inclusionNote>

</inclusionNote>

<productName/>

<brandName/>

<productVersion>3.25</productVersion>

</deviceDescription>

<commandClasses>

<commandClass id="0020" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="0025" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="002b" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="002c" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="0059" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="005e" version="2" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="false" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0070" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="0072" version="2" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0073" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="007a" version="2" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="0085" version="2" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="0086" version="2" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="0098" version="1" supported="true" controlled="false" secure="true" inNIF="true"/>

<commandClass id="005a" version="1" supported="true" controlled="true" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="0082" version="1" supported="true" controlled="true" secure="true" inNIF="false"/>

<commandClass id="0088" version="1" supported="false" controlled="true" secure="false" inNIF="false"/>

</commandClasses>

<assocGroups>

<assocGroup number="1" maxNodes="5">

<description>

<lang xml:lang="en">Group 1</lang>

</description>

</assocGroup>

</assocGroups>

</ZWaveDevice>

Thanks for helping

These aren’t the properties I was really looking for - the properties in the UI is what I was after as it will say if the device has been interrogated successfully.

Anyway, these devices are in the database - they are both battery devices, and therefore I can assume that they are not initialised yet. You need to wake them up so that the binding can detect them.

I have changed the batteries of all mentioned devices and forced interviews via z-way-server software.
I have installed the z-wave-binding and configured it correctly. The serial port is /dev/ttyAMA0 but PaperUI tells me about the Z-Wave Serial Controller:
Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Serial Error: Port {0} does not exist

The z-way-server is down, because I think, that z-way-server and z-wave need the same serial port (/dev/ttyAMA0).

How is the serial port initialized without z-way-server? Are there drivers, which work without a z-way-server?

This won’t help if you are now using the zwave binding.

This may mean there are some serial port permission issues, or it might just be that something else has the port open.

The ZWave binding just opens the serial port - it doesn’t use ZWay server at all. You can’t run them both at the same time - if you want to use zway then use the zway binding - you need to choose.

No, for testing purposes the access rights to /dev/ttyAMA0 were set to rwx for all… I had the interface up and running yesterday, but due to some problems with devices and several restarts I get the communivation errors. The z-way-server is down, so no other software binds /dev/ttyAMA0.

How can I get additional information of what fails during initialisation?

You can’t - the issue you presented above is the serial port can’t be opened. This is quite clear -: