Z-Wave Binding incorrectly identifying deadbolt

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
    • openHAB version: 2.4 Snapshot Build #1443
  • Issue of the topic: I have a very short window to enroll my Deadbolt lock in the Z-Wave network. When scanning for new devices it finds a Deadbolt with the following identifier: Z-Wave Node 002: ZM1701 Monoprice keypad door lock. However, it certainly isn’t that and because of this I believe it is failing to enroll in the network. I actually own a Schlage Connect BE469WK V CAM 619

It seems that it doesn’t exist in the DB yet and comes up as https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/301 (maybe it’s OEMed?)

upload here the following info plz:
xml file created for this node (from /var/lib/openhab2/zwave)
pdf of the device manual
url to the manufacturer’s web site page for this device

You can also try to add it to the DB yourself: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

The BE469 is here… https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/303.

1 Like

thanx! I searched for “Schlage” manufacturer and “BE469WK” for device name and I didn’t find anything so I assumed that it’s not there.

We need to see the xml from @kmccmk9 to see what Type:Id is being reported in there because it gets detected as the ZM1701 now (2006:0621)

1 Like

Hi I’m so sorry for my delayed reply. Life sometimes creeps up on you haha. I appreciate your time and assistance. Below is the xml from the directory you requested in your previous reply.

<node>
  <homeId>0xf0dd33da</homeId>
  <nodeId>2</nodeId>
  <version>4</version>
  <manufacturer>0x109</manufacturer>
  <deviceId>0x621</deviceId>
  <deviceType>0x2006</deviceType>
  <listening>false</listening>
  <frequentlyListening>true</frequentlyListening>
  <routing>true</routing>
  <security>false</security>
  <beaming>true</beaming>
  <maxBaudRate>40000</maxBaudRate>
  <sleepDelay>1000</sleepDelay>
  <nodeInformationFrame>
    <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY</commandClass>
    <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass>
    <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY</commandClass>
    <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION</commandClass>
  </nodeInformationFrame>
  <associationGroups class="concurrent-hash-map"/>
  <endpoints class="concurrent-hash-map">
    <entry>
      <int>0</int>
      <endPoint>
        <deviceClass>
          <basicDeviceClass>BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE</basicDeviceClass>
          <genericDeviceClass>GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL</genericDeviceClass>
          <specificDeviceClass>SPECIFIC_TYPE_SECURE_KEYPAD_DOOR_LOCK</specificDeviceClass>
        </deviceClass>
        <endpointId>0</endpointId>
        <secureCommandClasses/>
        <supportedCommandClasses class="concurrent-hash-map">
          <entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__VERSION>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
              <versionSupported>1</versionSupported>
              <libraryType>LIB_SLAVE_ENHANCED</libraryType>
              <protocolVersion>3.40</protocolVersion>
              <applicationVersion>19.6</applicationVersion>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__VERSION>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__SECURITY>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__SECURITY>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__NO__OPERATION>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__NO__OPERATION>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__BATTERY>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
              <batteryLevel>74</batteryLevel>
              <batteryLow>false</batteryLow>
              <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__BATTERY>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__MANUFACTURER__SPECIFIC>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
              <initSerialNumber>false</initSerialNumber>
              <deviceManufacturer>265</deviceManufacturer>
              <deviceType>8198</deviceType>
              <deviceId>1569</deviceId>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__MANUFACTURER__SPECIFIC>
          </entry>
          <entry>
            <commandClass>COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC</commandClass>
            <COMMAND__CLASS__BASIC>
              <version>1</version>
              <instances>1</instances>
              <control>false</control>
              <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
            </COMMAND__CLASS__BASIC>
          </entry>
        </supportedCommandClasses>
      </endPoint>
    </entry>
  </endpoints>
  <nodeNeighbors>
    <int>1</int>
  </nodeNeighbors>
  <lastReceived>2018-04-02 01:36:11.814 UTC</lastReceived>

Manual: From Home Depot

Manufacturer: Schlage Website

How recently did you purchase this lock? I have 5 of them (actually, the Century model), but I’ve had them for a year or so, and they come up properly. It’s odd but possible that Schlage changed out the internals with the ones used in the Monoprice locks. It also looks like your lock is not yet securely included yet (there will be more command classes available when securely included).

Hi, I bought the lock this year (black Friday to be exact). I noticed it said it wasn’t securely included yet either. However, doesn’t it have to be joined to the network first in order for it to be securely included? I apologize for the unfamiliarity to this as I have never set up a secure device for Z-Wave before.

Yes, but it is included… as node 2. That is how you have an xml file. You’ll need to exclude it and include it again through OH, with the lock very close to the controller. Very odd that it shows up as a Monoprice lock!

Hi, thank you for answering. However I’m confused as to how to exclude the device from oh since now it is not listed as a device or anything. It appears no where within the dashboard.

In the controller settings there is an option to put the controller into exclusion mode.

Hi,

So I was able to successfully exclude the device from the network. When I tried adding it back, it was not found during searching in either the Paper UI or HABmin. I also checked for new xml files on the server in th zwave folder and found no new ones were created and none of the existing xml files had an updated timestamp.

It would be best to provide a debug log file showing the inclusion process. That would involve excluding the device again, doing a factory reset, if possible, then including. Turn on debug level logging before you start inclusion.

Hi, Attached are my logs. This includes the exclusion, inclusion and successful adding to the network. I’m not going to try and understand why it was able to be added this time as opposed to all the other times. But if my log file is of any help for anyone it is attached. I will also note that it definitely reads most of the stats correctly (such as lock state and battery percentage). however, there are some things that don’t seem to work right (maybe they aren’t supposed to) such as user programmable codes. Thank you for all the help. Some insight into why it suddenly worked would be great…It’s also interesting to note that it is identified as node2 and no official name of the product.
Linked because I can’t upload!?

Strange, because the logs look fine. The device is detected, it is securely included, and the device type is known.

Here’s a small snippit from the log showing the completion of the secure inclusion -:

A little later it gets the manufacturer information, and then sets the device type -:

There is a lot of time spent downloading the user codes etc, but in the end of the log, the initialisation of the device is complete -:

The log shows it was added to the inbox,

2018-12-18 20:19:27.114 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:device:b54ef6e4:node2' to inbox.

Both PaperUI and HABmin should therefore show it in the inbox.

I would really be very surprised if the XML file is not written - the log shows it is serialised when the initialisation completed -:

2018-12-18 20:21:59.730 [DEBUG] [l.initialization.ZWaveNodeSerializer] - NODE 2: Serializing to file /var/lib/openhab2/zwave/network_d7a75f1b__node_2.xml

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place?

Based on this though, I can’t see any sort of problem. The device is being included, secure inclusion is working, the XML file is being written, and the device is added to the inbox. It seems like you’re saying none of these things are really happening though, so I’m a bit lost - sorry.

Sorry for the confusion I can clear this up pretty easily. My last post which you had quoted several times where I had stated that it wasn’t displaying when I tried to discover and include new devices, was before I had debug logs turned on. It wasn’t until after I made that post, it was suggested to turn those on and share those logs with you. After I turned the logs on and try it again, for some reason it worked this time even though I had done the exact same exclusion than inclusion process three times the previous night. That’s why the log show everything is okay but I have no useful logs from when it didn’t work the previous night. I appreciate everyone’s help, I’m really happy that it’s working now. I’m not sure what changed or if the wind direction just happened to push the Z-Wave signals a little further or something LOL. Now I need to make a system backup of my pi so I don’t have to do this all again.