Z-wave Configuration migration from OH1 to OH2

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage RPI2
    • openHAB version:openhabian
  • Issue of the topic:
    Hello,
    I’m still using an old OH1 OS on my RPi2 and I want to migrate to RPI3 where I already have installed openhabian system. Please let me know if I can still have the option to use files configuration (*.items, *.things) in order to define the z-wave devices or I should exclusively user PAPER UI or HABmin.
    I tried yesterday to discover my z-wave devices by using PAPER UI and after that
    I had used the channels of z-wave discovered things in my item file but not all was working properly (only 2 from 4 send the temperatures values to the controller). I don’t know if it’s configuration issues or something else…
    Maybe I didn’t have enough patience… In OH 1 I used “refresh_interval=300” paramete when I define a z-wave item:
    { zwave=“15:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=300” }
    but now I don’t know If i have this option:
    {channel=“zwave:device:f04c2d70:node15:sensor_temperature”}

Please let me know what is the best approach to define Z-wave devices in OH2. I was thinking to have all my items defined in one place (items files) not split them between jsonDB and items files…

Thank you

• Items configuration related to the issue
    //OH1:
    /* Fibaro Z Wave Motion Sensor - FGMS-001 */
    /*LivingRoom */
    Dimmer Dimmer_LivingRoom_Lamp “LivingRoom Lamp [%d %%]” (myLights,AllItems) { zwave=“10:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL” }
    Dimmer Dimmer_BedRoom_LEDs “BedRoom LEDs [%d %%]” (myLights, AllItems) { zwave=“5:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL”}
    Dimmer Dimmer_IarinaRoom_LEDs “Iarina’s Room LEDs [%d %%]” (myLights,AllItems) { zwave=“14:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL” }
    Dimmer Dimmer_StorageRoom_LEDs “Storage Room LEDs [%d %%]” (myLights, AllItems) { zwave=“15:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL” }

Number TmpLiving “Temperature Living: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) { zwave=“2:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,restore_last_value=true” }
Number TmpBedroom “Temperature Bedroom: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) { zwave=“10:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=300” }
Number TmpStorageRoom “Temperature Kids Bedroom: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) { zwave=“15:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=300” }
Number TmpIarinaRoom “Temperature Kids PlayRoom: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) { zwave=“14:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=300” }

in OH2:
Number TmpLiving “Temperature Living: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) {channel=“zwave:device:f04c2d70:node2:sensor_temperature”}
Number TmpBedroom “Temperature Bedroom: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) {channel=“zwave:device:f04c2d70:node10:sensor_temperature”}
Number TmpStorageRoom “Temperature Kids Bedroom: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) {channel=“zwave:device:f04c2d70:node15:sensor_temperature”}
Number TmpIarinaRoom “Temperature Kids PlayRoom: [%.1f °C]” (allTemperatures) {channel=“zwave:device:f04c2d70:node16:sensor_temperature”}

// Lights
Dimmer Dimmer_LivingRoom_Lamp “LivingRoom LEDs [%d %%]” {channel=“zwave:device:f04c2d70:node17:switch_dimmer”}
Dimmer Dimmer_IarinaRoom " Kids PlayRoom LEDs: [%.1f °C]" {channel=“zwave:device:f04c2d70:node16:switch_dimmer”}

• Sitemap configuration related to the issue
  • Rules code related to the issue

Start with reading the migration tutorial and see if you still have questions:

Read the docs, at least this article and the migration tutorial.
Most important: migrate OH first but stick with the zwave OH1 binding, then migrate that in a 2nd step.

Thank you very much. Very useful links…