Z-Wave device association MCO Home

Can you post a link to the manual?

http://www.mcohome.com/upload/file/20180227/20180227144616.pdf

Interesting. It definitely would suggest AG numbers of 0x01, 0x02, 0x05, 0x08, and 0x0B (11).

But, that manual for the “MH310 Series” seems to contradict the individual manuals for the 312 and 314.

I also looked at how the AGs are defined in openzwave. openzwave matches the manuals for the 312 and 314, not the “MH310 Series” manual

I’m at a loss about this.

Well on the positive side of isn’t me going crazy and that I am learning.

Can I change by editing the XML on my local system to test.

It definitely isn’t you. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about that.

Bummer.

I have a contact within MCO so I will pose the question about the grouping as through testing it would seem that they are not correct. If they confirm the DB is incorrect I will get them to update.

Thanks for your help so far I will update when the manufacture comes back to me.

To confirm I have been in contact with MCO Home and the database is wrong. I will look at updating the database with the correct groups as currently they are way off.

Thank you Mark for pointing me in the correct places to find out the reasons for the failure.

2 Likes

@jonathanb - Hi Jonathan - did you get the association groups to work?
I have some MH-S314 and find that I can get button 1 to sync a few times if i press and wait but then it fails to report if i press and then press again quickly. I have factory defaults.
Then later by itself it will start to sync again when pressed.
I wonder if it is the controller, but they should work without the controller I think.
Might be trying to activate a scene but that is disabled as far as I can tell.
Have you had any problems since?
Thanks
Jim

Sorry I missed this drop in. I managed to get the associations to work fine but you have to program them. Once programmed they work fine when the controller is offline.

No worries, I almost missed your reply (spam folder). Found that problem went away with OpenHab. Was a problem with open zwave in Home Assistant. Powering up the Aeotec stick with a phone charger worked also so Hass is doing something that gets in the way of association groups.

Great to hear. I was almost going to use home assistant but chose OpenHab instead. Glad I mad that choice. After the work on the DB the MCO works fine.

I don’t have OH . But I use fibaro and very familiar with mcohome.
Mcohome normal end point 1 for gang 1 , end point 2 for gange 2 .
Then group 1 is for the controller. So we mostly use group 2 which is for switch on/off . Then we select which device we need to associate with. And do the same in the other device and it works perfectly.
The only thing is as I heard association can work even if the home center or hub is turned off . But it doesnt.
But when it’s on it works perfectly. And I use that always for two way switches.
Not sure if this helps you in any way.

This thread is 4 years old, so probably not relevant

Anyway

Probably this means that you have your associations configured incorrectly. Associations are a peer to peer mechanism - so if you configure a switch to turn on a light, then it will not require the hub. If you configure the switch to send a command to the hub, that then sends the command to turn on the light (ie the hub is now the center of the communications), then it will require the hub.