Z-wave device Error after update openhabian to Version 2.5.4_01

No - that is related to Karaf and ssh - not serial ports.

Hi all,

I have downloade the latest SNAPSHOT, yesterday and the problem is still present:

2020-05-10 18:18:15.330 [ERROR] [ng.xml.internal.ThingTypeXmlProvider] - Could not register ThingType: zwave:aeotec_zw141_03_000
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ID segment ' switch_dimmer' contains invalid characters. Each segment of the ID must match the pattern [A-Za-z0-9_-]*.
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.AbstractUID.validateSegment(AbstractUID.java:97) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.AbstractUID.<init>(AbstractUID.java:75) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.AbstractUID.<init>(AbstractUID.java:49) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.UID.<init>(UID.java:48) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type.ChannelTypeUID.<init>(ChannelTypeUID.java:40) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ChannelXmlResult.toChannelDefinition(ChannelXmlResult.java:135) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingTypeXmlResult.toChannelDefinitions(ThingTypeXmlResult.java:98) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingTypeXmlResult.getBuilder(ThingTypeXmlResult.java:148) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingTypeXmlResult.toThingType(ThingTypeXmlResult.java:156) ~[bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.ThingTypeXmlProvider.addingFinished(ThingTypeXmlProvider.java:148) [bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.addingFinished(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:265) [bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.parseDocuments(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:424) [bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.processBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:398) [bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.access$6(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:393) [bundleFile:?]
    at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker$2.run(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:363) [bundleFile:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Bye

It is complaining about an added space before the name switch_dimmer. Looks like a database issue.

This issue is definitely fixed - my guess is that your system is still running the old version - please log on to the Karaf console and list the running bundles to see what is actually running.

Yes - this was fixed a few weeks ago.

1 Like

You are right, in karaf console I see versione 2.5.4 while in PaperUI (as previous posted) I have 2.5.5SNAPSHOT.

How can I installa the snapshot correctly ?

The install script usually helps.
Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community