Z-Wave Leviton Detection issue DZ15S-1BZ

I have installed a Aeon Z-Stick Gen 5. The controller is seen fine within PaperUI.

I add a Leviton DZ15S-1BZ to the controller and it shows up in my inbox. However it is coming up as an unknown device.

Z-Wave Node 004
Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_frequent false
zwave_neighbours 1
zwave_nodeid 4
zwave_version 0.0
zwave_listening true
zwave_routing true
zwave_beaming true
zwave_secure false
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY

This device was previously added no problem, however I was having other issues and reinstalled OpenHabian.

Any clues what I can do to get this device detected correctly again? Did my database not update? I am using the Jan 18 ZWave 2.3 jar file installed into my addons folder.

Thank you.

Please use habmin for managing zwave devices. It is so much more stable
than paper ui.

Paper got me wrong footed so many times.

Ok, noted and thank you.

I have removed all things using paper UI and now have added my controller back in with HABMin. Started detection and my device showed up in the inbox. However it is still an unknown device.

It seems like device initialisation not complete fits the bill here. It is not showing the Manufacturer or Device ID in the attributes of the thing. However I have excluded and included this device multiple times on the controller. Is this something that the controller will need to poll from the device over time or does it mean that the device didnt include on the controller correctly?

Oddly it was only after reinstalling OpenHabian that it came up as unknown. Frustrating since it was so easy the first time to detect this switch.

This is what is appearing in the log.
2018-02-22 10:01:11.749 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 6: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0 2018-02-22 10:01:11.770 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:device:161be6975cf:node6' to inbox.

I have the same Leviton DZ15S-1BZ included with Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. It was very easy to get recognized by Z-Stick + openhab

Please check the PDF manual of DZ15S to reset the switch. I guess it was not excluded properly.
A dead node need to be remove later from Z-Stick

@geekshrek I was thinking this as well. It is the only node I have as it was my test to see if I should go with ZWave and these switches. I am going to do a full reset on the switch and the Aeotec Gen5 tonight to see how that goes.

That might also explain why its adding it as node 6 ( number of exclusions, inclusions Ive done) instead of seeing it as node 2.

Solution was clean up nodes in zensys. Then re-include the device.