Z-Wave Network Viewer not showing connections

Not sure if this should live in HABmin or in the bindings area but I have a newish z-wave network with a HomeSeer SmartStick+ in the newly released OH2 (habmin2 version Version: 2.0.0, 2017-01-20T15:52:06, z-wave 2.0.0) that shows the following:

Most of of the nodes (except 3 so far) are mains powered switches like the ones that actually do show paths. The network has been up a few days and gone through a few heals. The switches that don’t show as connected work, but I have some issues occasionally with the two battery powered motion sensors that may or may not be related to the fact I don’t see paths. I’m happy to provide whatever debug logs might be useful / etc… but I figured I’d check if it’ was known first (FWIW I attempted a search and didn’t see any similar issues).

The Network viewer doesn’t work in this version. At least you shouldn’t trust the picture. And also the network heal isn’t working.

Chris has re-implemented this in his recent development version, but not yet in the stable or snapshot version.

So if you really need these features at the moment, you have to switch over.

Ah, interesting I’ll give that a try later, I was mostly interested in what it said because of the issues I’m having with my battery powered motion sensors not always triggering.

Hi,

I have also reported this here and learned that the functionality is not implemented yet. However, let’s cross fingers that this might be the basis for a working network viewer. :slight_smile:

Now I have a graph with just one node (node 1 – the controller) despite having a mostly function z-wave network (After moving to the latest snapshot ( http://www.cd-jackson.com/downloads/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar ) binding. Perhaps I need to update to snapshot version of habmin2 / openhab itself?

Seems that it might just be an issue with the network drawing – I see a lot of nodes under thing attributes for most things now: