Z-wave: no neighbours, no network map - but zwave is working

Hello,

System: Openhabian v4.1.1 (Release) on RasPi 4, 4GB

a few weeks ago I upgraded from v3.4.5 to 4.1.0 and then to 4.1.1 without any problems. I have about 60 things in my zwave network. Yesterday I noticed that neither a structure is displayed in the “Network Map”, nor that neighbors of the things are displayed in the “Thing Properties”. I’m not sure whether this has just occurred with the upgrades or was already the case before. In any case, it worked in the past.

However, the network basically works and when I switch to the Z-Way service, the neighbors are also displayed there.

What could be the reason for this, or how can I fix it?

You have more luck than I: the network map stays empty here :expressionless:.

But I see neighbours in the Thing properties.

Also on OH 4.1.1 (Raspberry pi 3B).

Do you have any idea how long this has been the case ?
Could an openHAB upgrade possibly be involved?

In previous versions (3.4) I saw part of the network in the network map. When new devices were added, they were not visible in the map.

Just as you do I also switch to Z-way from time to time, especially when I add devices. Z-way offers more possibilities to assess the network health. I have 9 things.

The UI thing properties and map is pulled from the neighbors from the node XML (userdata/zwave or /var/lib/openhab/zwave). Do you have the neighbors shown there? If they are, there is something likely off in the UI. If there are no neighbors, try suggestion below.

It would be unusual for the XML not to have neighbors (only prior to first HEAL action-i.e new devices). The field is populated from the HEAL and I know of no removal action (but they are updated based with each HEAL)

From the picture for node 37 the last HEAL was over a year ago, so maybe something happened along the way that removed the neighbors. You could do a one-time network HEAL and see if anything changes.

There’s no neighbor data in the files.

Good Idea - I will have a try this night.

It worked :slight_smile: :