Z-Wave: No xml for The OCTAN Remote (NodOn)

Hey @chris. Can you take a look at this log from @kimhaak?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag4TtT27NXy2g_0H4yqBUdqm4kgCfA

Node 3 is showing tons of these retires/timeouts, which appears to what’s interfering with the initialization process.
ZWave%20Log%20Viewer%202018-08-28%2018-03-37

By waking the device many times, it looks like initialization completed. But, the above-mentioned errors made initialization take much longer than normal.

BTW, @kimhaak can’t post anything for a while due to some new user post throttling.

Now i am blocked from making new messages as well, need to wait 12 hours for new topics…

This was my last reply. I need to go to bed now as well, thanks for all.

Response to last pm:

Its a full stack trace. It also happens if trying to edit properties in habmin.

I can copy the trace to:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag4TtT27NXy2g_0Ge3H6vDkJQZwOOA

I am using a snapshot, så this might be related. I can try to downgrade, if possible, maybe even reinstall to stable version.

No worries. Just give the account some time so that the new user throttling expires.

No need to downgrade. I don’t think that will help. In fact, it might hurt. :wink:

It looks like the binding is still sending requests when the device is asleep and they are failing - I don’t know why this is, and really can’t look for this in the old binding.

My suggestion is to change to using the development branch - then if there is any such error we can actually look for it.

The development branch can be found here -:

Alternatively, this will be merged in a week or so if you prefer to wait.

Yeah, good point. That seems to make the most sense.

I’ll try to do that. Maybe it will take care of the 500 server error as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

I am on the latest snapshot build, and the jar installer you provided in your link, looks to be the same as i am running, and which the logs come from.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/downloads/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

No - it’s not the same version - at least the logs that are provided above are definitely not from the new version of the binding. If these are not the logs, then maybe I’m looking at the wrong ones?

The logs i provided is from my box. The box is running snapshot/nightly build.

How can i verify between versions? Because the installed binding, according to the gui, is 2.4.0, and it was yesterday also.

This is from bundle:list:
191 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.4.0.201808271627 │ ZWave Binding

Attached is gui info.

If you can see it in PaperUI, then you do not have the development binding installed. If you’d like to give it a try, this script should do it all for you…

Then this is not the version that is referenced in the above post.

Please just use the version in the post I referenced above.

The file names are not so relevant. All snapshots have the same name, but they can be different (it’s the nature of the build process).

Thanx

Will this work on openhabian? In regards to paths where files are stored etc.

Ok, now we are getting there! Used 5iver’s script, wich worked just fine. Deleted my things, and rediscovered them. Now i dont get the 500 internal server error while editing the remote :slight_smile: I can even control my first lamp :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, so then i guess i will have to go on to the next step, integrate more stuff, and figure out the logics :slight_smile:
Thank you all!

3 Likes