Z-Wave not allowing RGB control

I have two devices, Aeon LED Bulb and Fibaro RGBW controller. Both of these I can setup as dimmers/switches and they work correctly.

The issue is, when I try to set them to Color Pickers (for RGB control) neither of them will do anything. I am guessing this is because of a bad translation on the Z-wave binding. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix for it?

The color command class is not implemented at the moment. It is implemented in the OH2 binding, but Iā€™m not sure I will back port it.

That would make sense then. Would you consider OH2 pretty stable enough to implement for a small home?

OH2 itself seems ok (I have a small home :smile:)

However, right at the moment, the OH2 zwave binding isnā€™t quite finished. Iā€™m missing some functionality in the core to allow me to implement some of the UI features (ie setting associations). I might need to find a workaround for this to get the binding releasedā€¦

Take a look at this post here: Collection of working z-wave configs

I use my Fibaro RGBW controller the same way and it seems to work quit well. :blush:
Might be okay until we are able to migrate to OH2 :wink:

Thanks Chris and LarsK,

I went ahead and tried to get openHAB2 all setup - so far so good with HABmin2 running as well. My only issue now is, HABmin lets me see my z-wave and my nodes - awesome!

But, there is no way for me to add ā€œitemsā€ anymore in openHAB2 that do not seem to have a 2.0 binding. Is there any way to get my z-wave items into there? I tried making a ā€œhome.itemsā€ file and see it read in when openHAB starts up. But I do not see these visually anywhere.

Into where exactly? Are you referring to the PaperUI, or into sitemaps? For sitemaps, the system works exactly the same as the UIs in OH1 - likewise for item configuration, this can all be done exactly as is currently done in OH1 for OH1 bindingsā€¦ You canā€™t however edit items that are specified in the text files within the GUI - they need to be treated in the same way as they were for OH1 and edited in designer, or some other text editor.

If youā€™re trying to get things to show up in the PaperUI, then thatā€™s another story and Iā€™m not so sure of the answer off the top of my head. I did have a look at how to do this a few days back, but itā€™s not so simple and requires tagging and groups from memory.

Hi Larsk,

Can you post your sitemap for your above link to RGBW items?

thanks!!