Z-WAVE: ODROID C2 + ZME-UZB1 (/dev/ttyACM0 does not exist)

Hi everyone,

at the beginning:
I successfully installed OH1/2 + ZME-UZB1/AEON Gen5 on RPi 1/2/3 - all works very well.

but
I have small problem with my new ODROID C2 and controller ZME-UZB1 (currently I have only this controller).
On Habmin panel I have: /dev/ttyACM0 does not exist.

To find solution:

1. I installed different OS on C2 (ubuntu full and minimal, Debian Jesse, DietPi)
  2. Manual install OH and install with apt-get (OH2.1.0-snapshot and beta release)
  3. I modifed privileges for openhab user (groups dialout tty www-data, visudo root openhab, chmod 666 /dev/ttyACM0, EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS, and other forum solutions)
  4. I Changed power supply (but only by usb)

Unfortunately, I don’t know how to make z-wave binding online with C2 (maybe it’s hardware problem?) :frowning:
Anyone of you us with positive effect this configuration: ODROID C2 + OH2 + ZME-UZB1?

Very thanks to all who will help solve my problem.
Sorry if it’s wrong category.

Well I can say that on Ubuntu the device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0, not/dev/ttyAMC0.

Try unplugging the device, ls /dev, plug it in, then ls again and look for the new device. That will tell you where it is showing up.

Hello,

DO you try to run OH2 as root? In my case, when I start OH2 (on Ubuntu 15.04) as normal user, it tell me that the controller ZME-UZB is not detected, but it appaers in ls /dev/tty* as usbACM0. When I run as root user, everything works fine.

Hi Rich, thanks for reply.
Curentlly I use DietPi OS (Debian Jessie) on my ODROID C2 but I check your suggestions:

unplugged UZB1:

ls /dev/ttyUSB*
ls: cannot access /dev/ttyUSB*: No such file or directory

ls /dev/ttyACM*
ls: cannot access /dev/ttyACM*: No such file or directory

plugged UZB1:

/dev/ttyUSB*
ls: cannot access /dev/ttyUSB*: No such file or directory

ls /dev/ttyACM*
/dev/ttyACM0

ls -la /dev/ttyACM0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 166, 0 Mar 9 11:22 /dev/ttyACM0

Hi Michael, thanks for reply.

Do you mean use command like: sudo /opt/openhab2/start.sh or sudo su -s /bin/bash -c ‘/opt/openhab2/start.sh’ root? - not working (not exist).

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver

OK, the device is indeed at /dev/ttyACM0 and the group permissions are rw for dialout. From a permissions perspective the openhab user should have permission to open the device. The one thing I can think of that might block the binding from reading or writing to the device is if you have some other program that has a lock on the device. Are you running anything else that works with the dongle or USB devices?

Hi Rich,

I have clean installation of DietPi OS and I don’t have anything else installed whats works with USB dongle (I use only one USB device - ZME-UZB1). Folder /var/lock/ it’s clean.

I don’t know where is the problem.
Maybe some of the users OH1/2 also uses ODROID C2 with Z-Wave dongle?