Z-Wave repeated errors

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007faf805b7958> #<Tag:0x00007faf805b7818> #<Tag:0x00007faf805b76d8>

So this is driving me crazy. Every since I got the MimoLite I keep getting these errors in the log even though everything is working fine. Also I have the binding setup to refresh every 15secs to get the ADC value and I think the error is everything it refreshes. Its only Node 4. There is a node 2 in between node 1(controller) and node 4. No node 3. Could it be a weak signal? Relay control works fine though and I see the ADC updates. I copied over the z-wave 1.8 snapshot addon. I am on openHAB 1.7.1

Here is the item config

Switch  tempFire_Switch "Fireplace Manual"      <fire>  (gHeating)     {zwave="4:command=SWITCH_BINARY,refresh_interval=15"}
Number  tempFire_ADC    "Fireplace ADC [%d]"    <fire>  (gHeating)      {zwave="4:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,refresh_interval=15"}    

Error
> 2015-11-23 22:47:43.087 [ERROR] [WaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 4: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 2 attempts left!
> 2015-11-23 22:47:43.088 [ERROR] [b.z.i.p.s.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 4: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
> 2015-11-23 22:47:48.089 [ERROR] [WaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 4: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 1 attempts left!
> 2015-11-23 22:47:48.090 [ERROR] [b.z.i.p.s.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 4: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
> 2015-11-23 22:47:53.092 [ERROR] [WaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 4: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 0 attempts left!
> 2015-11-23 22:47:53.092 [ERROR] [b.z.i.p.s.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 4: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
> 2015-11-23 22:47:58.094 [WARN ] [WaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 4: Too many retries. Discarding message: Message:

+1 with a Honeywell Zwave TH8320ZW thermostat. Exactly the same sort of log entries. Anyone know what is wrong?

A timeout normally means that the device didn’t respond to a message. It can be caused by the device being a bit too far away from the controller, or something else that might cause the link to not be 100%.

It’s normal to get a few of these, but if it’s happening regularly, then you should probably look to move/add devices to improve the network topology.

Thanks Chris. In my case, it may be interference. I am just getting into openhab and I have three zwave devices screwed down to a piece of plywood. The devices are all about 20cm from each other, and so the RF noise might be quite high. I will try disconnecting the other devices to see if things improve.

In my case, the issue was interference from having a number of zwave devices very close together. I turned off the other devices and I am not seeing the error message now.

@MobileWilliam, from what I can see, it appears you might have an RF problem of some sort - as you can see from my case, zwave devices might be too far apart, or they can be too close together.

The device that was causing it is the farthest away. It should be linking via node 2 though.

I turned off polling and the messages stopped. But not I can’t check the ADC value so that the original remote works. So for now we just use our phones only.