Z-Wave/RGBW: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint

Hi,

I’m struggling some with my fibaro rgbw + led strip setup and came across something in the logs:

2017-05-11 22:09:35.063 [eMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 73: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 2.
2017-05-11 22:09:35.089 [eMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 73: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 3.
2017-05-11 22:09:35.119 [eMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 73: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 4.
2017-05-11 22:09:35.142 [eMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 73: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 5.

Is this an “error” message or a sign that I’ve misconfigured something?

Here’s my items and rules definition, is this correct ? (I just want the led strip to use color (174) and dimmer set to 80%)

Items:

Dimmer myLedStrip "Led light" <light> (zDevices,gLights) { channel="zwave:device:zController:node73:switch_dimmer" }
Color Color_myLedStrip  "Color " { channel="zwave:device:zController:node73:color_color" }
Number Anim_myLedStrip "Anim " { channel="zwave:device:zController:node73:scene_number_param72" }

(Not actually using the “animation” item but it’s configured so I’m listing it)

rule

rule "ledstrip"
when
	Item roomLedLightSwitch changed to ON
then
	Thread::sleep(100)
	Color_myLedStrip.sendCommand(new HSBType(new DecimalType(174),new PercentType(0),new PercentType(80)))
	myLedStrip.sendCommand(80)
end
2 Likes

Anyone using the Fibaro RGBW and can post their items/rules ?

@lfs_alp5 seeing the same error with my RGBW module, did you find any solution in the meantime?

Nope, those messages are still there. However they don’t seem to create any problem or error…

If it’s any help for anyone, I ended up with this configuration (NB: I really never found the color changing all that “stable” but it works I think …but I don’t use it much. I mostly use the dimmer):

Items:

Dimmer LD_Kj_Kinorom_Tak "Light" <light> (zDevices,Kj_Kinorom,Lights,gLys_Kj_Kinorom) { channel="zwave:device:zController:node73:switch_dimmer" }
Color LF_LedStrip_Kj_Kinorom "Color " { channel="zwave:device:zController:node73:color_color" }
Color ColorSelector_LD_Kj_Kinorom_Tak // Sitemap color change item

Sitemap:

Colorpicker item=ColorSelector_LD_Kj_Kinorom_Tak

Rule:

rule "color change RGB/HSB"
when
	Item ColorSelector_LD_Kj_Kinorom_Tak received update
then
	Thread::sleep(100)
	//logInfo('Color','Sending color: ' + ColorSelector_LD_Kj_Kinorom_Tak.state + ' to Ledstrip')
	LF_LedStrip_Kj_Kinorom.sendCommand(ColorSelector_LD_Kj_Kinorom_Tak.state as HSBType)
end

if you want to send a specific color by command in a rule you can do it like this:

LF_LedStrip_Kj_Kinorom.sendCommand(new HSBType(new DecimalType(174),new PercentType(0),new PercentType(80)))
1 Like

Still have the same Info (or Errors?) on my OH 2.2 instance.

2018-01-02 14:36:22.974 [INFO ] [class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 3: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 2.
2018-01-02 14:36:22.993 [INFO ] [class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 3: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 3.
2018-01-02 14:36:23.012 [INFO ] [class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 3: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 4.
2018-01-02 14:36:23.088 [INFO ] [class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 6: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 2.
2018-01-02 14:36:23.106 [INFO ] [class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 6: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 3.
2018-01-02 14:36:23.126 [INFO ] [class.ZWaveMultiInstanceCommandClass] - NODE 6: Received a multi instance encapsulation with a destination endpoint = 4.

I have the same issue here! Any solutions / more information about the cause yet?

OH 2.2
Fibaro RGBW Controller

In addition I noticed, that the control of the color via a picker on a sitemap is very slow! It takes up to 10-15 seconds until something happens! If I change each channel individually (as slider) it works almost immediately!

I’ve solved it by setting parameter 42 to “reporting as a result inputs actions (SWITCH MULTILEVEL)”

It looks like this is an information message to other devices to say “hey, something ios changed”